How to learn zumba dance moves
Basic Zumba Moves | livestrong
Basic Zumba Moves
Image Credit: macniak/iStock/GettyImages
The dance moves in Zumba are inspired by some of the most expressive and lively dances from South America. Classic dance styles, like salsa, get a modern revamp with a fitness twist in Zumba routines.
Your first Zumba dance class might be overwhelming in terms of complexity. The music is fast and the moves are even faster. However, if you break the dances down to their basic roots, you can start to master Zumba.
Video of the Day
Originally, Latin American dances were the inspiration for Zumba. Over time it has evolved to include dance moves from all over the world. Many of the basic moves are still inspired by Latin dance, so those are the basic moves you should learn first. Once you learn the steps that each style of dance is based off of, you'll have a foundation to build on when you take Zumba.
Read more: How Fast Can Zumba Whip You Into Shape?
Basic Salsa Steps
For salsa, start with the most basic step pattern. There are eight counts total:
- Take one step to the left with your left foot.
- Rock your weight back to the right foot.
- Step back to the center with your left foot.
- Pause for the fouth count.
- Step to the right with your right foot.
- Shift your weight onto the left foot.
- Bring your right foot back to center.
- Pause for the eighth count.
Alternatively, you can do these steps in a forward and backward direction.
To step it up a level, you can do travel steps. Instead of taking one step to the side, you take four steps total. The lead leg goes first, then the back foot catches up to the lead. Take one more step with the lead and catch up with the hind foot one more time. Then, repeat that sequence in the opposite direction.
Basic Merengue Steps
Zumba uses the simplicity of the merengue steps to create a fast-paced series of steps. Start slow to master the basic steps before you pick things up.
Stand tall with your feet close together. Shift your hips to the right and pick up your left foot, then stomp it on the ground. Then, shift your hips to the left and pick up your right foot, then stomp it. Find a rhythm with that step pattern, then try to move faster once you're comfortable. You can add arm movements like a reach out to the side or overhead as you step.
Basic Reggaeton Steps
For this upbeat and modern style of dance, start with the leg movements first. Step out wide with your left foot. Bring your right foot in and tap it right next to your left foot. As you tap your right foot, lean to the right so that you would fall if you didn't catch yourself.
Step wide to the right with your right foot to catch your fall, then step your left foot close to the right as you lean to the left. Keep alternating to the beat as you get comfortable with the big steps. When you're comfortable, it's time to add the arm movements. When you step both feet to the left, raise your right arm up high. Put it down, then step to the right and reach your left arm up.
Zumba can seem overwhelming at first, until you learn the basics.
Image Credit: LuckyBusiness/iStock/GettyImages
Basic Cumbia Steps
This classic Latin dance style involves some fancy footwork. With your right foot planted, step your left foot forward. Keep your body tall and don't lean forward with your leg. Keep the front knee straight, then pick up the lead leg and bring it behind your right leg.
This time, plant your left foot behind your body. Plant your toes, keeping the rest of the foot off of the ground. Twist your hips and bring your left foot to the front again. Keep stepping with your left foot only until you're comfortable with the motion, then try it with your left foot planted as you move your right foot.
Read more: The Best Zumba Exercise Videos
Basic Samba Steps
Similar to merengue, this Brazilian dance has simple steps but becomes complicated quickly as it moves fast. Start standing tall with your feet close together. Lean your weight into your right foot, keeping the knee straight and leaning your hips to the right.
As you sit into your right leg, lift your left heel off of the ground so that only your toes are touching, and bend your left knee. Then, put your left heel down onto the ground and lean into your left leg, raising your right heel and bending the right knee.
The key to this dance step is in the hips. Move your hips in an exaggerated motion to the side that has the heel planted.
Benefits and What to Expect
Written by Jodi Helmer
In this Article
- How It Works
- Intensity Level: Medium
- Areas It Targets
- What Else Should I Know
- What Dr. Melinda Ratini Says:
How It Works
Grooving to the beats of salsa, flamenco, and merengue music feels more like a dance party than a workout, which is exactly what makes Zumba so popular. The Latin-inspired dance workout is one of the most popular group exercise classes in the world.
The high-energy classes are set to upbeat music and feature choreographed dance numbers that you might see in a nightclub. You don’t need to be a great dancer to feel welcome in a Zumba class. With the tag line, “Ditch the Workout, Join the Party,” the classes emphasize moving to the music and having a good time, no rhythm required.
There are several different kinds of Zumba classes, from Aqua Zumba workouts to classes like Zumba Toning that incorporate weights for additional calorie burning and strength training. There are even Zumba classes for kids.
Working up a sweat in the 60-minute classes burns an average of 369 calories -- more than cardio kickboxing or step aerobics. You’ll get a great cardio workout that melts fat, strengthens your core, and improves flexibility.
Intensity Level: Medium
Zumba is an interval workout. The classes move between high- and low-intensity dance moves designed to get your heart rate up and boost cardio endurance.
Areas It Targets
Core: Yes. Many of the dance steps used in the routines emphasize the hips and midsection to help strengthen the core.
Arms: No. Traditional Zumba classes do not target the arms. Specialized classes like Zumba Toning use weights to help strengthen and tone the arms.
Legs: Yes. The jumps and lunges that are parts of the choreographed movements help work the quads and hamstrings.
Glutes: Yes. You’ll feel the burn in your buns while you move to the beat.
Back: No. Though the workout involves your whole body, it's not focused on your back muscles.
Flexibility: Yes. The dance moves were designed to enhance flexibility.
Aerobic: Yes. The high-and low-intensity intervals make Zumba an excellent cardio workout.
Strength: Yes. Traditional Zumba workouts emphasize strengthening the core, while Zumba Toning and Zumba Step workouts incorporate weights to build muscles in the arms, legs, and glutes.
Sport: No. The classes are not considered sports.
Low-Impact: No. The classes are high-energy and involve jumping, bouncing, and other high-impact moves.
What Else Should I Know
Cost: Yes, typically. You’ll need to sign up for classes through a fitness center, download an app, or find classes online to follow the choreographed steps.
Good for beginners: Yes. Zumba emphasizes moving to the music and having fun regardless of your fitness level.
Outdoors: No. The classes are offered in fitness studios.
At home: Yes. You can get an app or join a studio that offers online classes and follow the dance workout at home.
Equipment required: None, except for your sneakers.
What Dr. Melinda Ratini Says:
Zumba is one of the most fun and versatile fitness crazes to come along in a long time. Classes can be geared for just about any fitness level. Though most Zumba involves high-impact moves like bouncing and jumping, it can be modified to meet your needs.
If you want an overall strength training program, look for a Zumba class that incorporates some light weights for your upper body.
You can start slowly if needed, or you can dance your heart out if you are in great shape. If you just love to move your body to the music, then Zumba is for you.
Talk to your doctor before joining a class if you have been inactive, have any medical issues, or take any medicines, just to make sure Zumba is right for you. And talk to instructors before class about your fitness level and any health conditions you have so they can suggest modifications.
Is It Good for Me if I Have a Health Condition?
If you have been hooked on the Zumba beat since before you became pregnant, you have no problems with your pregnancy, and it’s OK with your OB-GYN, then you can keep stepping. But there are some changes that you need to make to stay safe.
Zumba has a lot of high-impact moves that can wreak havoc as your hormones loosen up your joints. Talk to your instructor about switching out some of those jumps and bounces -- or any routines that might throw you off balance. And remember to stay cool and hydrated during your workout.
Steer clear of high-impact moves if you have knee or back pain or arthritis. Other ways to get a good workout are gentler on the joints.
If you have a handicap or other physical limitation, consider wheelchair Zumba classes, which are a good, fun, nonweight-bearing workout.
If you have diabetes, Zumba is a great way to lose weight and build muscle. Your blood sugars will go down as your energy level soars. Check with your doctor first to see if you’ll need to change your diabetes treatment plan.
Zumba fitness: 10 lessons for weight loss (video)
Dance, rejoice and lose weight - this is the essence of "zumba fitness" in a nutshell. This dance fitness program combines elements of Latin American dances and hip-hop, and anyone can master it.
SovetskySport understood how to lose weight and pump up the press with the help of Zumba
What is Zumba fitness for weight loss
The founder of Zumba is a choreographer from Colombia, Alberto Perez. Zumba is an intense fitness program based on simple dance moves from rumba, salsa, bachata, merengue, hip hop and other dances. Zumba weight loss classes are held to music. The session lasts an average of 40-60 minutes. Advanced Zumba dancers use light weights to make it harder. nine0005
What is the effect of Zumba fitness for weight loss
An hour of intense Zumba movements effectively burns fat, trains the muscles of the legs and back. The dance also gives a load to the pectoral muscles, shoulder muscles and arms. Zumba fitness trains the cardiovascular system and increases your endurance.
You can learn and perform Zumba movements for weight loss at home using video tutorials for beginners.
Video Lesson 1: Zumba Fitness for Weight Loss – Learn Zumba Movements
Affordable zumba weight loss video tutorial that explains the basics and teaches you the basic initial movements - steps and twists.
Video Lesson 2: Zumba Fitness for Weight Loss - Making Basic Movements Harder
Easy to understand Zumba weight loss video tutorial. Here you will be taught how to link zumba movements to one another, keep the right rhythm during training and control yourself for mistakes.
Video Lesson 3: Zumba Fitness for Weight Loss - Abs and Legs Specialization
The load in Zumba fitness can be varied by increasing the pace or highlighting individual muscle groups and making “specialization days” for them. This beginner zumba fitness video tutorial is all about how to work your abs and hips while dancing.
Read on "Soviet Sport" - Squat at home. A guide to the most important exercise in training0017
Have you mastered the basic zumba movements and how to vary them? It's time to go through the full 50 minute lesson. Repeat the movements after the trainer, try not to stop or pause.
Video Lesson 5: Zumba Fitness for Weight Loss - Hip Hop Zumba Movements
Intensive 25-minute Zumba video lesson for beginners with a focus on hip hop movements. In addition, the trainer will add a lot of squats to hip-hop - this way you will work out the hips, buttocks and remove fat from the sides even more effectively. Don't be surprised if sitting down and getting up is difficult for the next couple of days. nine0005
Video Lesson 6: Zumba Fitness for Weight Loss - Zumba with Dumbbells
The Zumba toning program involves increasing the load of the standard zumba. Here, all exercises are performed with dumbbells weighing 1-2.5 kg. How to use vzumba dumbbells correctly is in this video tutorial for beginners.
Video Lesson 7: Zumba Fitness for Weight Loss - Zumba for Seniors
Zumba is suitable for people of all ages. From here, what pace to maintain if you are engaged in Zumba, and you are well over 40, this video tutorial will tell you how to choose movements and music. nine0005
Read on "Soviet Sport" - Five forgotten but effective exercises
Video lesson 8: zumba fitness for weight loss - zumba for children
You can involve your children in Zumba. If it's cold outside, Zumbafitness can replace them with a walk on the sports ground.
The movements in this video lesson are adapted for children 3-5 years old. They are simple and look like morning exercises. For a child, Zumba training will be an interesting game while you continue to burn your calories and lose weight
Video Lesson 9: Zumba Fitness for Weight Loss - Warm Up Before Zumba
This video lesson will teach you how to properly warm up before your Zumba class. There are many steps, swings of arms and legs - everything that will protect you from injuries and sprains. You can also perform this video lesson for beginners with music
Video lesson 10: zumba fitness for weight loss - hitch and stretching after training
stretching right - in this zumba video tutorial for beginners. nine0005
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ZUMBA:
- Zumba is an intense form of training. To find out which load is right for you, consult your doctor. Check your cardiovascular system;
- you need to train according to the "Zumba-fitness for weight loss" method on average 3 times a week. Let your body rest for at least one day between workouts;
- do not neglect the warm-up and cool-down. Warm-up - will help prepare the body for stress, and the hitch - "calm" and relax the muscles after training. nine0123
source: "Soviet Sport"
What is Zumba? 12 main types of incendiary dance
- How did Zumba
- Benefits of Zumba
- Contraindications and disadvantages of Zumba
- Zumba Main Destinations
- Zumba Basic Movements
- Is it possible to lose weight doing Zumba? nine0147
- What clothes to choose for Zumba
- Tips for Beginners
- How to practice Zumba at home
- Which is better Zumba or fitness?
Hearing the funny word "Zumba", you immediately get associations with incendiary Latin American dances - rumba, samba, mambo. But what is it really? Ritual dances of African tribes? A spell in the ancient language of the Taino Indians - the indigenous inhabitants of Cuba? Or maybe this is the name of a funny character from some cartoon? nine0005
In Spanish, “zumba” is a bell, a rattle; ringing, crackling, buzzing; a joke, a joke. And it was with this word that fitness instructor Alberto Perez decided to call the training program he invented to the bright rhythms of Latin American music.
What is Zumba in fitness?
In contrast to the South American rumba, which has a history of about 100 years, Zumba is a rather young “dance”. The main idea of this fitness program is a healthy lifestyle combined with active workouts to the rhythm of dance music. nine0005
Zumba is an effective system for keeping muscles in good shape:
- Firstly, training is carried out to the rhythms of popular Latin American music, which guarantees an excellent mood and a positive attitude.
- Secondly, , Zumba - group classes, due to which energy impulses are transmitted from one participant to another, thereby providing a more effective result.
- Thirdly, , a "cocktail" of the most popular fitness movements and elements of hip-hop, tango, as well as incendiary African, Latin American dances, helps to engage all muscle groups, which, in turn, guarantees rapid calorie burning. nine0147
Each workout lasts an average of 1 hour. How many times a week to practice? It all depends on your preparedness and desire to train - in order to lose weight, once a week, of course, is catastrophically small, but to keep the body in good shape is quite enough.
Do not forget that, despite the fun and relaxed atmosphere during classes, Zumba is still a kind of fitness, and not just entertainment. Therefore, do not neglect the recommendations of the instructor and follow the correct execution of any elements of the dance. nine0005
You will understand more about Zumba when you watch this video.
How Zumba appeared
Oddly enough, one of the most popular and sought-after trends in fitness arose quite by accident.
One fine day, dancer, choreographer and fitness instructor Alberto Pérez arrived at a training session and found that he had forgotten the recording of the music he used to perform his classes to. In order not to cancel the lesson, he took a cassette from his car - sultry Latin American rhythms sounded in the hall, and Alberto skillfully "diluted" the usual fitness movements with elements from his favorite dances - reggaeton, salsa, cumbia. nine0005
The group members liked this extraordinary approach to the training so much that such trainings began to be organized more and more often, giving impetus to the emergence of a qualitatively new methodology in the fitness industry. Moreover, Alberto's lessons became so popular that Shakira herself invited him to become a choreographer for one of her albums.
In 2001, Zumba became an official brand - the company is actively engaged in the training of licensed instructors around the world. nine0005
In 2011 Zumba came to Russia. Today, thousands of participants in group classes have already experienced the benefits and benefits of this type of fitness.
Anyone can become a Zumba Instructor - it is enough to complete a two-day training course, after which a special certificate is issued.
Benefits of Zumba
The main concept of Zumba is continuous movement and a positive attitude. Perhaps it is because of this that a bright fitness dance has a huge number of positive qualities:
- In itself, bright incendiary music already brings a lot of positive emotions and gives you a great mood.
- Energetic movements to the rhythm of rhythmic Latin American music not only do not tire, but on the contrary, charge you with energy and positive.
- If a standard fitness workout is difficult for many - a feeling of fatigue and loss of strength quickly sets in, then with Zumba the time of the lesson flies almost unnoticed.
- One of the main advantages of this type of fitness - Zumba helps to involve all muscle groups. After a few active workouts, you can see a tangible result - a decrease in body volume and an increase in muscle elasticity. nine0147
- Dance is a great way to work on your posture, coordination, flexibility and grace, and Zumba is no exception.
- Unlike special dance classes, Zumba does not cause any difficulties even for beginners - all movements are as simple and clear as possible, it will not be difficult to repeat them.
- An undeniable plus of Zumba is the huge health benefits, both physical and psychological. Sultry rhythms not only help to distract from the daily routine, but also provide friendly teamwork, which undoubtedly has a positive effect on overall well-being and mood. nine0147
- Rhythmic, almost continuous movements have a beneficial effect on all organs and systems of the body. It has been proven that during the Zumba dance, the level of the hormone endorphin, which is responsible for pleasure, increases in the blood; metabolism is accelerated at times; blood circulation improves; Fast burning of fat in the most "problem" places is provided.
- For those who really want to try, but are embarrassed by their inexperience, there is a great opportunity to watch a few video lessons at home, practice, and then come to group lessons with an instructor. nine0147
- Currently, there are several main directions of this fitness dance, among which anyone will find what they are looking for: people who want to lose weight or just keep fit, the elderly, children and adolescents, girls who have recently become mothers and continue to feed breastfeeding baby, etc.
Undoubtedly, Zumba is of great benefit for the figure. By reducing body fat and increasing muscle tone, the body acquires a more graceful outline, the likelihood of “pumping over” is excluded (unlike strength training). nine0005
Another obvious advantage of Zumba is the minimum number of contraindications. Even if for some reason fitness or aerobics classes are contraindicated for you, Zumba is most likely suitable for you.
It's not worth the risk - before signing up for a workout, be sure to consult your doctor.
Contraindications and disadvantages of Zumba
Despite the huge number of advantages, the Zumba active dance fitness program is not for everyone. Among the contraindications to attending classes are the following:0005
- Recent surgery, serious injury.
- Any disease in the acute stage.
- Diseases of the cardiovascular and nervous system.
- Serious disorders in the functioning of the musculoskeletal system.
- Pregnancy. In fact, the opportunity to engage in any active leisure activity during pregnancy should be discussed with the doctor.
- High degree of obesity - in this case, active movements can lead to a heart attack. nine0147
Despite the fact that initially Zumba may seem like a very easy exercise, in reality it is not so simple:
- combined with clapping, waving hands, etc.).
- For those who are accustomed to serious strength training, Zumba will seem too simple a workout. In order to somehow smooth out this drawback, you can use small dumbbells during the lesson. nine0147
And in order to achieve a visible and, most importantly, sustainable result, you need to attend classes regularly.
Among other things, those who have a sense of rhythm and tact, as well as well-coordinated movements achieve success easier and faster.
At the same time, if your hearing and dancing skills leave much to be desired, don't worry, the necessary skills will come to you in the process of training.
Basic Zumba directions
In order for everyone to choose the right dance program for themselves, which will ensure the quick achievement of the desired result, several types of Zumba have been developed:
- Zumba Classic . It all started with her: the classic Zumba is a rhythmic dance to incendiary music in the style of salsa, reggaeton, tango, etc.
- Zumba Toning . This type of fitness dance involves the use of small dumbbells, which not only increase the load, but also make sounds similar to the sound of maracas.
- Zumba Pilates combines the main characteristics of these two fitness areas: dance must be accompanied by proper deep breathing, all movements are smooth and deep. nine0147
- Zumba Centao . This variety is more suitable for experienced people who have been attending Zumba classes for a long time or at least have experience in dancing. The main concept of Zumba Sentao is a dance with a chair.
- Zumba Gold . This program is designed specifically for older people who prefer an active lifestyle.
- Zumba Step . As in step aerobics, Zumba-Step uses a special platform and various types of stepping movements are actively used. nine0147
- Aqua Zumba . In order to maximize the load on all muscles without harm to health, fitness dance classes are held in the water.
- Zumba Kids - Zumbatomic (children from 3 to 11-12 years old), Zumbini (kids from 0 to 3 years old). These programs are designed specifically for the smallest - they are fully consistent with the capabilities and needs of children in physical activity.
- Oriental Zumba in addition to Latin American rhythms and hip-hop also includes oriental dances. nine0147
- Circle Zumba . This type of fitness dance is ideal for beginners - it alternates dance moves with exercises (squats, push-ups, bends, etc.).
- Zumba Continental arose due to the widespread use of this dance. Its meaning is that the program includes elements of folk dances of a certain country or region.
- Tonus Zumba is ideal for weight loss - all dance elements are clearly adapted to affect problem areas, and small dumbbells are used for greater efficiency. nine0147
Which type of Zumba you choose is up to you. At the same time, do not forget that the professionalism and experience of the instructor is of great importance - the master, who has undergone special training and has the appropriate certificate, will ensure the fastest and safest achievement of the set result.
Some types of Zumba have become widespread, while others are still being developed only in certain countries or regions. However, the trend towards the spread of this type of fitness is obvious - gradually instructors offer their students more and more new varieties of this sports dance. nine0005
How Zumba is danced, basic movements
When watching videos of training, you may think that the dance uses a huge number of different movements, which are simply unrealistic to learn. In fact, the program includes several basic steps that are combined with each other and constantly repeated:
- Steps to the side with claps. Step to the left with the left foot - clap, put the right foot - clap. Then the same movements in the other direction. nine0147
- Steps to the side with a turn of the body on toes and heels. Feet shoulder-width apart, turning the body to the right on the heels - we go down on the toes, turning the body to the left on the toes - we go down on the heels, turn to the right on the heels - we go down on the toes, turn to the left on the toes - we go down on the heels again. Then the same movements, but in the opposite direction. As a result, you should return to the starting position.
- Transition steps. Feet shoulder-width apart, with the right foot step back to the left (as a result, the right foot becomes behind the left), stomp of the left foot - the right foot returns to its original position. Then we do the same with the left leg. nine0147
- Hand movements can be very diverse - swinging, throwing up, clapping, bending the arms at the elbows, circular movements.
As a rule, after 3-4 workouts, the movements become clear, and the exercises become easier and more interesting.
How group training works
In order to achieve maximum efficiency in the process of fitness dancing, it is important to follow a certain sequence of training steps:
- Warm-up. If you neglect this stage of training, there is a chance of getting a serious injury: sprain, dislocation, bruise. The warm-up is aimed at warming up and stretching the muscles, preparing them for more serious loads - a warm-up usually takes about 10 minutes. nine0147
- Repetition of learned movements - 5 minutes.
- Learning new movements - 5 minutes.
- The dance itself - 30 minutes.
- Hitch. The last 10 minutes of the session are light stretching and relaxation exercises.
The time of each stage may vary depending on the level of preparedness of the trainees, as well as on the type of Zumba (for example, Circle Zumba most often consists of 3 main stages - warm-up, main lesson and cool-down). nine0005
The duration of each lesson is 45-60 minutes on average. In order for the result not to be long in coming, you need to attend training at least 3 times a week.
Is it possible to lose weight doing Zumba?
As you know, any physical activity to some extent helps to burn extra calories. Can you lose weight doing Zumba? Of course you can!
During Latin American fitness dances, all muscle groups are involved, due to which there is an active burning of fat in the most "problem" areas. The training program is designed in such a way that there is no time for rest at all - all 45-60 minutes there is continuous movement, due to which the fat begins to “melt”, the muscles come into tone, blood circulation and oxygen supply to all organs increase. And oxygen, as you know, helps to remove toxins from the body, and with them extra pounds. nine0005
How many calories are burned in a workout
If you believe the reviews, it is quite possible to lose up to 900 calories in 1 hour of Zumba. In fact, no one has conducted research in this area, so it cannot be said whether this statement is true.
At the same time, it is known that 500 calories are burned during aerobic exercise. Considering that incendiary dance fitness lessons are in no way inferior in intensity to aerobics, we can say that Zumba really helps to get rid of 500-800 calories in one workout. nine0005
If your goal is to lose weight, don't forget that Zumba is not a magic cure for extra pounds.
Do you want a beautiful figure? Review your diet, add activity to your daily life, try to lead a healthy lifestyle. A fitness dance will help you achieve your goal as quickly as possible.
What clothes to choose for Zumba
During the fitness dance you will have to actively move your arms, legs, bend, bend over, turn your head, jump, squat. Here's why Zumba clothing should be comfortable, not restrict movement, but not interfere with you and others:
- Fitted sweatpants or leggings. Short shorts are fine too.
- Loose T-shirt or sleeveless top. For an additional warming effect, you can wear a longsleeve or a sports jacket.
- Shoes should be as comfortable as possible, so choose good sneakers. Never wear high heels, heavy boots, mules, etc.
Zumba - group dance classes. This is one of the reasons why you need to choose clothes for training that are not only comfortable, but also beautiful and stylish: bright colors will come in handy during an incendiary dance. nine0005
Don't forget your hair too. Of course, loose hair flying in different directions looks very cool, but, unfortunately, only in clips.
Think about convenience: it is unlikely that you will be comfortable every minute removing interfering strands from your face and endlessly straightening your hair stuck together from sweat. Therefore, collect your hair in a bun or tie a tight high ponytail - this is both stylish and comfortable.
Tips for Beginners
As with anything, Zumba is the hardest for beginners. In order not to be disappointed and not lose interest after the first lesson, follow these simple tips:
- The main thing is not to dwell on failure. Few people manage to catch all the movements from the first lesson, memorize and perform complex transitions. After 3-4 workouts you will feel more confident.
- During the first lessons, try to stand in the front row - as close as possible to the instructor. So you can better consider all the movements and it will be easier for you to repeat them.
- Be sure to study in front of a mirror so you can see your movements and correct them if necessary. nine0147
- If you can't repeat all the steps at the same time, try to catch and remember the movements of the legs first, and only then add the arms, upper body and neck.
Remember - your instructor will always support you, help you understand the incomprehensible elements of the dance and explain what to look for.
How to do Zumba at home
If you don't have the desire or the opportunity to attend a Zumba group class, you can set up a dance fitness studio right in your home. nine0005
All you need is to buy a training CD or simply find training records on the Internet and strictly follow the instructions of the online instructor.
The advantage of this method is that you save on visiting a specialized fitness club. The disadvantage is that you will not always be able to identify your mistakes and do everything right.
Which is better Zumba or fitness?
It is quite difficult to answer this question, especially considering the fact that Zumba is one of the varieties of fitness.