How to glide dancing
how to glide dance | TikTok SearchTikTok
Replying to @javymacfly #moonwalktutorial #glidedance #glidetutorial .
81K Likes, 244 Comments. TikTok video from .obenj (@.obenj): "Replying to @javymacfly #moonwalktutorial #glidedance #glidetutorial .". use your right heel or toe to turn 360° | Follow For More + [link in bio]. Smooth Criminal (2012 Remaster).
Smooth Criminal (2012 Remaster) - Michael Jackson
THIS IS PART 2 more depth. LIKE and comment for more tutorials 🙏 #fyp #foryou #trend #glide #minitutorials #howto #tutorial #alwayslearning
90. 2K Likes, 200 Comments. TikTok video from RealCaelonLogan (@realcaelon): "THIS IS PART 2 more depth. LIKE and comment for more tutorials 🙏 #fyp #foryou #trend #glide #minitutorials #howto #tutorial #alwayslearning". How to Glide🔥🔥 | step 1. have the camera waist level. | lower view | .... ROCKSTAR.
ROCKSTAR - DaBaby, Roddy Ricch
Reply to @theoogwey Be a smooth criminal #glidedance #glidetutorial
122.4K Likes, 227 Comments. TikTok video from .obenj (@.obenj): "Reply to @theoogwey Be a smooth criminal #glidedance #glidetutorial". Follow for more Tutorials . Smooth Criminal (2012 Remaster).
Smooth Criminal (2012 Remaster) - Michael Jackson
On last weeks episode… #fyp #glidechallenge #foryou #dancetutorial
12K Likes, 61 Comments. TikTok video from Omo Aston🖤 (@ast10n): "On last weeks episode… #fyp #glidechallenge #foryou #dancetutorial". Jersey anniversary.
Jersey anniversary - Malcolm B
Circle glide moonwalk tutorial #tutorial #howtodance #circleglide #moonwalk #glide #fyp #xyzcba
8K Likes, 88 Comments. TikTok video from brucepaztv (@brucepaztv): "Circle glide moonwalk tutorial #tutorial #howtodance #circleglide #moonwalk #glide #fyp #xyzcba". How to Circle Glide | Dance like Michael Jackson | 1 Empuja y desliza | .... BILLIE JEAN X BOO X F IT UP VMESHBEATS MASHUP.
BILLIE JEAN X BOO X F IT UP VMESHBEATS MASHUP - Varoon Ramesh
⚜ RAMPAGE ⚜
Reply to @aliensteps : You got it 👟🔥 #howto #dancetutorials #gliding #dance #Levitating
1. | .... Peggy Suave Posin.
Peggy Suave Posin - Zanouji Kun
since somebody ( only 1 person ) asked for it 😂😌 this is how I did the glide thingy 😭 #fyp #foryou #MMMDrop #homeproject #yearbook2020
62.3K Likes, 168 Comments. TikTok video from Bookieebaybee (@bookieebaybee): "since somebody ( only 1 person ) asked for it 😂😌 this is how I did the glide thingy 😭 #fyp #foryou #MMMDrop #homeproject #yearbook2020". um hi.
um hi - 🤩✨ e d i t s 💫🥰
#TalkingTree #foryoupage #fypシ #drefrmny #MoveWithTommy #viral #glidechallenge #glidedance #glidechallenge #slidedancechallenge #greenscreen
1. 5K Likes, 18 Comments. TikTok video from Drefrmny (@therealdrefrmny): "#TalkingTree #foryoupage #fypシ #drefrmny #MoveWithTommy #viral #glidechallenge #glidedance #glidechallenge #slidedancechallenge #greenscreen". GLIDE DANCE TUTORIAL 💯 | FOLLOW THE STEPS AND PAY CLOSE ATTENTION‼️ | ‼️STAY ON YOUR TIPPY TOES‼️ | .... Jersey anniversary.
Jersey anniversary - Malcolm B
Learn the Glide
ustin does it. So do Usher and Missy. Nearly every time you flip on MTV you can see an R&B star shifting seamlessly between toe and heel, sliding over the floor’s surface in an effortless glide. It looks easy, but it takes skill and time to master the illusion of floating across the stage. A variation on the glide made history when Michael Jackson moonwalked, and now the original is turning up in hip-hop choreography—and commercial dancers are expected to know how to do it. Here,
DS gives you tips to perfect this elusive move, starting with a prep exercise, then breaking it down step by step.
Break It Down
The glide is difficult to master because it features the continuous flow of seemingly inseparable components. However, “it’s really a series of subtle and tense weight shifts,” says hip-hop choreographer, teacher and dancer Rhapsody. So, to understand the move as a whole, break it into digestible parts.
Side-to-side preparation exercise:
- Begin with feet parallel in sixth position. Your shoulders should be back and weight should be in the middle of your feet.
- Move weight to the balls of your feet, expand your chest like you’re blowing up a balloon and move your arms straight back. Slide your right foot forward in an S-curve to the right until you’re in a standing lunge position. Your chest should be puffed forward, with your neck slightly jutting in that direction as well. Arms are up to you; we’ve shown the right arm going out with the foot. Your right foot will be in a forced arch, giving the illusion of leaning forward; the left foot acts as your anchor.
- To return to center, contract your stomach and slide your right foot back to parallel while bringing your arms to your sides. Repeat with the left foot.
Continuous Direction Glide:
- Start with feet parallel in sixth position. For a glide that moves toward the left, dig your right toe into the floor.
- Push your left foot away, letting it slide along the floor. “You should be in a deep forced-arch lunge,” says Laya Barak, hip-hop teacher at Steps on Broadway and Dance New Amsterdam.
- Rotate your right foot inward, pigeon-toed, lifting your toe up. At the same time, shift your left foot so that it faces left, toe digging into the floor, mirroring the initial position of your right foot. You should be in a locked toe-heel position—weight on the left toe and right heel.
- Slide your right foot in toward your left toe. Switch heels quickly: Your left heel returns to the floor in parallel while your right foot rotates back out and pops onto a forced arch. Dig into your right toe and slide the left foot back to begin again.
Watch Your Weight
“The glide’s most important component is definitely an understanding of weight shift,” says Rhapsody. “You have to drive forward with your toe to give the illusion of moving [smoothly] through space. There should be a swell of energy like a pendulum, a hover at the top of the move when you reach one side. That makes the glide dynamic.” Throughout, your chest should move fluidly in the direction of each digged toe.
Feel the Stretch
While Barak agrees that the shift is important, she also stresses understanding tension. “The best glides feel like you have an invisible rubber band from your right shoulder to your left foot that stretches as you slide your left foot away and resists as your feet come back together,” she says. This tension creates fluidity and strength. And when you’re switching heel pops just before a new section of your glide, that tension maintains the flow.
- To cultivate a cleaner line, practice digging your toe in and finding a deep forward lunge before adding it into the glide.
- Master the side-to-side glide exercise before moving on to the continuous direction glide. The motion and intention is the same.
- Experiment with the step. Add your own personality with neck swivels and chest isolations to make the glide look more robotic. Or, add hard shoulder locks to make the glide tough and staccato.
- Try moving your glide in a circle. Extend the lunging leg to the back open diagonal, and as you shift your weight back toward sixth position, rotate your hips 90 degrees until you’re facing the side of the room. Repeat to face back, then the side, then front again to complete the circle.
Lauren Kay is a writer, dancer, and dramaturge based in New York City.
How to learn to dance shuffle - Lifehacker
December 15, 2019LikbezSports and Fitness
Master the basic movements, and then improvise and get high.
Author of Lifehacker, athlete, CCM
This dance style includes a lot of freedom and improvisation. That is why he is so good. You can master the basic movements in a couple of hours, and then complicate them to infinity and combine them with each other, create your own combinations and spy on others.
Dance in sneakers, socks or barefoot, in any outfit, anywhere.
Master the basic movements of the shuffle
In this style, you do all the basic movements with your feet, the hands most often move freely - according to the heart.
This is the most basic and essential shuffle movement. You can do it in three different ways.
The movement begins by bending the knee and lifting one leg. Next, you need to simultaneously put both legs - supporting and raised - at a distance of one step from each other.
The raised leg is placed forward on a full foot, the standing one behind slips back on the ball of the foot and remains on it - the heel is not placed on the floor. The weight is evenly distributed between the two legs.
After that, it remains to return to the starting position. To do this, the front leg slides back, and at the same time, the back leg is pulled up. You find yourself in the starting position and repeat the cycle. The movement itself is soft and springy: do not stick into the floor, keep your legs relaxed.
This is a lighter and faster running man look that may be needed for some combinations. Here you put your foot not on the whole foot, but on the heel. At the same time, the one standing behind remains on the toe.
In this variation, the foot is placed forward on the pad. At the same time, the one standing behind also remains on the ball of the foot, and the body leans slightly back.
In this movement, one foot constantly makes a “herringbone” - turns the heel in and out - and the second touches the floor and immediately rises back.
When the heel of the skating leg turns inward, the toe of the other leg touches the floor; when outward, the other leg rises, turning the knee inward.
It turns out two positions: closed - when the legs are wrapped with the knees inward, and one leg is raised, and open - when the legs are turned out with the knees outward, and the toe touches the floor. Practice doing the T-step in both directions: slowly at first, then with acceleration.
You jump on one foot, and the other touches the floor in different places: on the side of the supporting leg, across, behind - anywhere you want. You can put your foot on the toe or on the heel - the latter is called a kick. The supporting leg can simply rise low or perform a T-step - move the heel out and in.
To begin, you turn your knees and toes inward and lift one leg. Then turn your toes and knees outward, and put your raised leg forward crosswise. Repeat the same with the other leg.
All movement occurs on the balls of the feet, the heels do not fall to the floor. You can move both forward and backward.
First you put your feet crosswise with your toes outward with a jump, then you also spread your legs apart with a jump.
One leg is straight, stands on the whole foot, the other is with a bent knee on the pad. Leaning on the pad, you slip the foot of a straight leg back, as if wiping the sole on the floor.
Immediately after the slip, you turn around. In the turn, the straight leg bends and goes to the pad, and the one that was on the pad, on the contrary, turns on the heel. After that, it remains only to change legs and move in the same way in the other direction.
From the starting position - standing with a raised leg, as in Running man - you turn your hips to the side with a jump and put your legs crosswise.
The front foot is on the heel, the back foot is on the ball. Then you jump back to the starting position and do the same on the other side.
From the starting position, you turn your hips to the side with a jump and spread your legs a step apart from each other. The standing foot in front is placed on the heel, the standing one behind remains on the pillow. Then, with a jump, you collect your legs and do the same on the other side.
Try other variations of the basic shuffle movements
You can perform the basic movements in different directions: forward and backward, turning around. This will give you more freedom to improvise.
Variations Running man
Do several times in place and then turn around. You can also try walking this way to the side. Each time the leg will need to be placed slightly crossed in order to slowly move to the side.
You can drop your foot on the toe, on the whole foot, touch the floor to the side of the supporting leg or forward and behind it.
You can also keep the other leg on the floor at all - leave it on the toe and turn the knee in and out.
Here one more element is added to the movement – the heel strike. In the starting position, you wrap the toes of the feet and knees inward, and then jump on the heels, turning the socks to the sides.
From this position, without jumping, you turn your toes and knees inward, cross your legs with a jump, turning your feet with your toes outward, and then return to the starting position.
After three turns of the Charleston, turn both toes in one direction and then in the other. At the end, you can turn the knee to the side.
Connect familiar shuffle moves
While you lack the skills to move freely and come up with something of your own, learn a few combinations. They contain interesting movements that will replenish your dance vocabulary.
This is a simple combination of two basic movements - Running man and T-step. First take five Running man steps, then four T-steps to the side and repeat the same in the opposite direction.
Another combination of two basic movements. Here you do three Running mans, then one T‑step with a back foot touch, and two front heel touch kicks. The same on the other side.
There are no standard steps here, but there are already familiar Sidekick and transition from heels to toes.
Learn more difficult combinations
We will add some videos with good combinations.
1. Cool video for beginners: movements are repeated in slow motion to make it easier to dance to the music.
2. And here the combination is analyzed step by step in slow motion, dividing it into three parts. Very comfortably. Look for more on this channel, there are several such analyzes.
3. There is no slowdown here, just a great combination. But you already know almost all the movements, so you can figure it out. If something is not clear, watch the video at a speed of 0.25.
Pick up the music and improvise
Surely you have favorite songs to shuffle to. Turn them on and start with basic movements: just do the Running man and periodically add different elements when you want. Move in different directions, relax and have fun.
If you don't have favorite tracks, try our selection.
I must say that the shuffle is an amazing cardio workout. In just a couple of tracks, you will be out of breath and sweat, like after a run, but you will feel absolutely happy!
What's more, if you have to force yourself to keep going while running, shuffle requires you to have the willpower to stop and not dance. As a bonus - a short video from a beginner after a couple of hours of practice.
Shuffle is cool!
Read also 🕺💃🤸♀️
- Dancing as a sport: choosing the right direction
- Dance and movement therapy: how to know and change yourself through movement
- How to learn to dance: video lessons for those who are not afraid to try
- How to learn street dancing without leaving home
- Zumba is a fun way to lose weight for those who love dancing
*Activity of Meta Platforms Inc. and its social networks Facebook and Instagram are prohibited in the territory of the Russian Federation.
Shuffle Dance for beginners: watch lessons (5+videos)
What is Shuffle Dance?
Shuffle is a contemporary dance style. Its essence is to perform quick movements with the legs, which should slide along the ground, creating the illusion of rotation. Performed to hardstyle electronic music. The whole process is very bright, incendiary, involves the involvement of all parts of the body. Suitable shuffle (shuffle) dance for beginners , as it does not require special physical training.
History of appearance ofShuffle Dance
The direction appeared in the 80s in Australia, where it was first demonstrated on stage by musicians. In those days, it was fashionable to move in the acid house style, which became the progenitor of the shuffle. The contagious movements to rhythmic music were unlike anything else, and very quickly fell in love with the public.
Therefore, it does not lose its popularity even today. The clips of the LMFAO group, which demonstrate the movements of this dance, warmed up interest in him. Since they are popular all over the world, more and more users have become watching shuffle dance training video on YouTube.
Watch this video on YouTube
Helps you learn the basic exercises in shuffle (shuffle) dance video , where the dancers show the rules and style of direction under the melody. They are not difficult, so if you want to master it, you can quickly enough. Basic moves:
- Running man. This is the foundation from which the dance begins. The person lifts the foot and moves it forward while the other leg synchronously slides back. After that, both return to their original position, and the movement is repeated according to the melody.
- "T". The left foot moves to the right, and then moves to the right. At the same moment, simultaneously, the right foot moves up and down. The duet visually resembles the letter "T", which is why it has such a name. The movement is quite in demand among shufflers.
- Represents the sliding of the feet on the floor. One of the easiest, but requires practice.
- The movement can be simple and reverse, that is, performed in reverse. Involves turning the torso clockwise or in another direction. It is performed during the dance at a random moment at the discretion of the dancer.
- This is the execution of kicks on the ground or in the air. One foot is located in front, the second - performs strikes on the floor or in the place of the right leg. The height of the legs in this case is low or high, depending on whether the foot rises above the knee or not. The point of impact is always controlled by the dancer.
The contagious rhythm gives a good mood and effectively relieves despondency.Shuffle Dance for beginners
The contagious rhythm brings good mood and effectively relieves despondency.
Suitable shuffle for both young boys and girls.
In addition to choreography, one session is a great workout and can easily replace the gym or fitness. Dancing is often used as an alternative to diets, cardio and Pilates. With them, you can maintain a good figure easily.
Dancing will be a great workout, and can easily replace the gym or fitness
What clothes are best for dancing?
Each style of dance has its own distinctive characteristics that give the performer a head start.