How to do the dougie dance
How to Dougie dance - Hip Hop dance video
How to Dougie dance – Hip Hop lesson
Recommended Dance Courses (Watch Online & Download):
5X Hip Hop Course For Beginners
Learn basic hip hop moves with 25 step by step video lessons. This course is broken down into 5 modules that focus on different types of moves: Footwork, Upper Body, Waving, Step Touch and Iconic Moves. You will love this 2+ hours of detailed instruction for beginners.
LEARN MORE & BUY IT (CLICK HERE)
The Ultimate Popping Dance Course (Beginner to Advanced)
Learn how to dance popping and locking with step by step video lessons. You will learn hits/popping, waving, robotics, gliding, vibrating, slow motion effects and more. Become the freestyler you always wanted to be and impress your friends with your dance moves. Includes 3+ hours of video lessons. You can download it instantly or stream it online here.
LEARN MORE & BUY IT (CLICK HERE)
Alright so this next move we’re going to jump in to is one of my favorites, it’s called the Dougie. It’s a really famous move. A lot of people are doing it in the club nowadays so we’re going to teach you guys here so you can take it to the club tonight and really show off. I want you guys to watch it first and then we’ll break it down step by step. We go five, six, five, six, seven, eight and five, six, seven, eight. Alright so let’s break that down step by step.
This move has a lot of personal style in. So once you get the basics down you really got to add your own personal flare to this move to make it work for you. Okay? So you’re going to start with your feet together, kind of facing this general angle. We’re going to step back with one foot on one. Now when we step in we’re going to turn to face this way on and. Alright I’m just going to step in on my toe.
So step out two, so step in on and. Again, three, and four, and five, and six, and seven, and eight. Alright now the big thing about this move is you’re going to have a little dip when you step that foot in together. So I’m up right here standing up and when I turn that step and foot in I take a little deep, down. So I take a slight [inaudible – 0:01:59.6] I bend at my knees. Stepping up again, out, two, just the step in, and three, and four, and five, and six, and seven, and eight and.
Alright the next step for this move is as you step out, you almost want to lead with your head kind of looking over your shoulders just slightly. So step one, and two, and three, and four, and five, and six, and seven, and eight, and. Alright so we’ve got that step back and that turn going. Now let’s add that hand into it as well. Okay so what I want to do now is when we step on the one, our feet altogether here, I step out and this hand comes up just like this. Alright, now as I step in my hand is just going to fall down to step in, then the other hand comes up, two, to step in and three, and four, and five, and six, and seven, and eight, and.
Alright before we speed it up at all, let’s take a look from the back so you ca see all the little details. Alright let’s turn around starting from that same starting position, nice and slow, five, six, seven, eight, we go one and two, and three, and four, and five, and six, and seven, and eight, and. Good job guys let’s turn around. So you’ve got all the basic parts of this move down. Now what you’re going to do is add your own style to it. Okay so what I want you to do this time is really step up as far as you can to give yourself a nice dip when you step together. Again, up and down, up and down. Alright so what I want to do right now is try it with counts again a little bit faster, those same single counts.
Remember all those parts working together, we’ll make that move look really good. From that starting position, five, six, seven, eight, we go one ,and two, and four, and five, and six, and seven, and again. We go one, and two, and three, and four, and five, and six, seven, and eight and. Alright now we’re going to add one more element to it, we’re going to add a single, single double step with this. Now we’ll speed it up and try it with music. So all you got to do is do that from the first step, you step out like normal, one, step in and two, and from here you’re going to double it up, just slide your leg out, one and two. Alright and then you’re going to step back out together and three, and four, double it up, one and two, together, out, together, out, together, double it up, together, out, together, out, together, double it up. Again, out, together, out, together, double it up, together, out, in, out, in, double it up, and stop.
Alright so we’re going to take that basic system we just learned, that basic rhythm and pattern and start speeding it up now. One more time with music, a little bit faster and then we’ll try it one more time with counts a little bit faster and then we’ll give it a shot with music. Same starting position, five, six, seven, eight, we go single, single, double it up, and single, single, double it up, we go one, two, three, four and five, and six, and seven, again we go one, two, three, four, and five, six, seven and eight. Alright so take that in practice till you get over and over till you get those steps together. When you’re ready we’re going to try it with music.
So now what I want to do is give it a shot with the music, it’s going to be a little bit faster now, listen to these counts. You’re going to go one, and two, and three, and four, and five, and six, and seven and eight. Alright we’ll try that same single single double we just did stepping out on this leg first. From that beginning position we’re going to give it a shot. Here we go, and five, six, five, six, seven, eight. Good, get that deep in your knees, have fun with it, let’s see how people add their little own flavor to it let’s check out Jamel, hey, nice, check out KC, good. One more time and one, two, three, four and five, six, seven, eight.
More Hip Hop Dance videos
Steps to Learn Dougie DanceSteps to Learn Dougie Dance
Do you plan to learn how to do Dougie Dance? There are numbers of dances being practiced in various parts of the world. Some of them have become universal and others have a great regional importance. Like the well known kinds of dance as, Ballet dance, Jazz dance, Tap dance, Hip-Hop dance, and Belly dance, the Dougie Dance is also asserting its importance among leading dancers.
Though, Dougie Dance is comparatively a new style moving the body in an organized way, but the youth of various countries is getting mad to learn it. The said dance really enhances the splendor of any party. To learn the world famous dance all you have to do is to follow these steps.
Get yourself prepared and play the rock music that creates a vibration in your body. The song must be fast and bit lengthy so that the dancer and audiences could enjoy it in its real essence. The quality of good beat could elevate the dance.
In the next step, you have to make an impressive start by bowing your body to one side. Make your body as flexible as possible and allow your hand touching to the ground. The leaning side should not be kept in that form for a longer period as it could hurt the muscles. Rather it should be kept in a comfortable position. Well the music is on take the first step while ignoring the initial to beats.
While having the Dougie Dance or learning the Dougie Dance, you must not use the arms until you start the third step. Raise the arms upward in a first attempt and then drop it quickly to downwards. Furthermore, your arms should be swinging in opposite directions.
In the fourth step, try to drop your weight on your hips at once and sit like a cat. It will be the most thrilling moment of the dance.
To create more fun and excitement, while having Dougie Dance, try to move in a circle without leaving your place like wheel chair. Meanwhile, your knees and elbows should be expanding outward. Repeat the same practice for some time and hopefully you will get the perfection with the passage of time.
You can download tutorial videos of dougie dance from you tube and follow step mentioned in the video this is another easy way to learn the Dougie dance. The internet is providing variety of videos in this regard and one can learn great expertise following the instructions.
Go to dance training schools as they are providing the services at a very cheap rates. Plus there are qualified teachers with lots of experience under their belts.
Hire a personal trainer if you can't go to any school or trainer due to some problems. Good trainers are available in the market in this regard and it will be more a fun for you to get the training while staying at home.
Posted by philsimons in Dance
teaching basic movements and features of dance
Hip-hop, like any other dance direction, is best studied at a professional school. After all, only a qualified teacher will find an individual approach to a new student and teach the necessary movements. But if this is not possible, or if you want to come to class prepared, you can try to master the direction of hip-hop at home. How to dance the first movements, now we will tell.
Like any dance, hip-hop training includes getting acquainted not only with the basic movements of the style, but also with a certain philosophy. And in this direction it is special. Hip-hop came to us in the second half of the last century from the most disadvantaged areas of New York and Los Angeles. Tired of injustice, aggression and blood, teenagers, who mostly did not have the cleanest reputation, invented their own special way to resolve conflicts - with the help of dance battles and rap parties. Hip-hop is a free dance, a challenge to society and a protest against any inequality. That is why the main thing in this style is not at all the clarity of the learned movements, but the sense of rhythm, improvisation and expression of the individuality of the performer.
Getting Started: Preparation and Basic Movements
Before learning hip-hop for beginners, you should make sure that you feel comfortable doing it. According to experienced dancers, three things will help you relax and start learning:
- Appropriate environment: flat floor, spacious room, full-length mirror.
- Loose clothing and comfortable shoes. Nothing should hinder movement.
- Hip-hop rhythmic music.
A little ritual will help you tune yourself into the wave of hip-hop: stand with your legs apart, put your hands down and close your eyes. Listen carefully to the sound of the music and try to learn to hear the beat. Rock to the beat. And now you have already mastered the first movement. Congratulations! It's time to move on to more complex elements.
The basic movements of hip-hop are swing and step. You are already familiar with the first one. Now try to put your right foot to the side and stretch your right hand up. Bend your right leg, transferring your body weight to it, and lower your arm to shoulder level. Turn the body to the left, bend the left leg, and put the right leg on the toe. Now lower your right knee, arch your back and reach your hands to the floor. When you manage to complete this combination, consider yourself a good start in hip-hop.
Sign up for a trial lesson
Here are some more basic hip-hop moves for beginners:
- Starting position - standing, feet shoulder-width apart, and arms along the body. We squeeze the brushes into a fist and alternately bring forward one hand, then the other. Then we connect the legs bent at the knee: left hand - right leg, right leg - left hand.
- Starting position - standing. We jump in place and cross our legs, and bend our arms as if we were rowing.
- Starting position - standing, feet slightly wider than shoulders. We put the right leg a little back, bend the legs at the knees, which at the same time look straight. With the right hand we cover the face, with the left, folded into a fist, we put it in the region of the heart. Then at the same time we tilt our head to the right and unclench the left hand, and after that we turn the right knee and right hand to the right.
- Starting position - standing, feet firmly pressed to the floor, knees slightly bent. We put the spread fingers of the right hand on the chest, keep the elbow parallel to the floor. We bend in an arc, as if we received a blow right in the heart. Then we make two turns in different directions, straighten our back and return to the starting position. The hand at this time falls from the heart to the waist. At the end, we throw the pelvis forward again, round the back and tighten the buttocks.
You can achieve the first results quite quickly. But when you start to study closely how to dance hip hop, you will soon notice that there are no clear movements and rules in this direction. Having mastered a few basic elements, the dancers begin to improvise, create their own combinations and dance as creative fantasy suggests.
How to continue: choosing a style
If you have mastered the first movements of hip-hop from videos and photos on the Internet, it's time to choose the direction in which you will develop further. Hip-hop culture is a wide range of dance styles that differ from each other both in elements and in general mood. The main ones are:
- Breakdance is still popular basic style of hip-hop, on which the direction originated.
- Popping - rhythmic contraction of various muscle groups to the music so that it looks like jolts on the performer's body;
- Wave - smooth and plastic movements of the body, the most famous of which is the wave with hands;
- Afro-jazz - shaking mainly the lower and most prominent part of the body in women;
- Crump - energetic shaking of various limbs to the music so that it seems as if someone has moved into the dancer;
- New Style, also known as freestyle, is an improvisational dance that combines not only hip-hop movements, but also elements borrowed from more than a dozen other dance styles.
- La Style - Hip-hop, where the emphasis is on entertainment, so this style is used mainly in videos and when staging shows.
- Ragga jazz is a dance tuned to the music: the performer's legs work under the drums, and the hands become active during the recitative.
- Locking - an energetic dance with "locks" - freezing in different positions for a few seconds or periodically slowing down the movement.
- Power move is a spectacular style that includes complex acrobatic elements, handstands, various twists, and transitions.
- C-walk is a “language” dance with a criminal past that emphasizes intense and very dynamic footwork.
Women's and men's hip-hop
The next step in how to learn hip-hop without leaving home is to bring a little femininity or, conversely, brutality into your existing skills - depending on your gender accessories. The thing is that female and male hip-hop are somewhat different from each other, and, therefore, representatives of the beautiful and strong half are trained in this direction in different ways.
Hip-hop dancing for beginner girls is based on plasticity, flexibility and unobtrusive sexuality. Girls wear baggy sweatpants and hoodies on a par with men, perform sweeping movements, but their execution looks different: hips, legs and shoulders are more involved, the elements are a little smoother and sexier.
Male hip-hop, on the contrary, is more daring, energetic and sometimes even aggressive. The focus is on the work of the arms and body, acrobatic elements and movements that require strength and male endurance.
If you prefer to learn this difficult direction from videos, it is better to initially choose hip hop training, where the movements will be performed by a dancer of your gender. Together with the right technique, you will be able to capture the gender characteristics of the choreographic elements.
A few more secrets
Learning to dance hip-hop at home, without classes with a professional teacher, is not easy, but real. Especially if you add training with a few more components. Here, as in learning a foreign language, only complete immersion in the culture will help. So, here are some tips from “experienced” hiphopers who have mastered a lot not under the guidance of a qualified mentor, but at home by the mirror:
- Videos with basic exercises will help you master some of the moves, but for additional skills, it is better to turn to online courses. Hip-hop lessons for beginners are regularly held online, often live.
- Hiphop parties and hangouts will help you melt into this culture and make new acquaintances. Yes, of course, everyone will laugh at your first dances, but no one drags you to the center of the circle. While you're learning, watch the pros dance, adopt a style, and memorize some moves to practice at home.
- Clear training regimen. Only with regular practice can you achieve results. In addition, our body is set to a certain schedule, and if you exercise at a certain time, it will prepare for stress. As experienced dancers note, the optimal duration of even home workouts is two hours. This is enough for warming up, and for the lesson itself, and for stretching after.
- Additional physical activities. If you are in the mood not just for basic hip-hop movements, but for serious hip-hop elements with tricks, strengthening the muscles of the whole body is indispensable. You will need strong arms, strong core muscles, and no extra weight. This can be achieved by exercising in the gym or additional weight training at home.
- Compliance with safety regulations. Be sure to dance in comfortable non-slip shoes and loose clothing. Do not start training without a proper warm-up, and when practicing acrobatic elements, lay something soft on the floor.
Video tutorials will be enough to learn how to dance hip-hop. But to become a real dancer, you need to study the subculture from the inside. It is believed that a hiphoper has achieved true mastery when he is in perfect control of his body, does not “slow down” on the dance floor, knows how to improvise and select universal movements for any music. Hip-hop dance lends itself only to the very persistent and disciplined, those who are able to understand and accept its "philosophy of freedom".
Do not forget that there are many professionals around who are ready to help you take your first steps in hip-hop or improve the skills you learned at home. Qualified teachers of the La Boca dance club will find an individual approach to you, work out with you the technique of performing movements and even acrobatic elements. You don't have to go far: "La Boca" is located in the very center of St. Petersburg - on "Petrogradka"
Video: basic hip-hop movements
Translate this page (Translate/Translate this page)
This workshop, which is based on the basic techniques of Balinese dance theater, aims to discover new forms of physical expression and energy management for the stage.
We are very happy to have managed to persuade one of the best Balinese dance teachers to come to Europe for many years. In partnership with Accord Academy, Open Acting Academy offers a unique crash course with dancer and choreographer Graciela Lopez..
More workshop reports can be found at: Balinese Dance Theater – Alexander Uhl (die-amsel.at)
Book and pay for the intensive in our online store Accord with -25% discount! Grace Lopez Institute of Arts Denpasar., Bali and Bay Ya Mad and Nyoman Jimat (Bali). She is a dancer, choreographer and director of Compañía Tari Bali México, between 2000 and afternoon 2008 she was choreographer of Amsel/Theatre im Flug (Austria-Mexico).
Introduction to Balinese dance.
This course, which teaches the basic techniques of Balinese theatre, allows the actor to learn new forms of movement and work towards the great goal: liveliness of the body on stage.
Bodywork Practice: Character Creation, Physical Presence, Subtleties of Gesture, Focus of Energy, Spatial Perception and Movement Qualities (But we are very happy to report that: Manis/Sweet, Krass/Wild) Differentiated Body Quality- and Muscle Tension Balinese dance theater allows the actor to subtly place accents and vary his characters to achieve believable emotional expression. .
The Balinese "Theatrical Dance", its arcs between drama, Dancing and singing is interesting, is one of the oldest and most versatile art forms of the great Indonesian archipelago.
He excels in body control, encoded gesture -which expresses certain emotions and character traits-, and through heavily drawn portrayal of characters.
This traditional dance has survived to this day as a form of performing art.Pictured Graciela Lopez: Blackbird / Theater in Flight
Theoretical-practical workshop for "beginners": It includes the basic technique of the body of Balinese dance: "Agem position", forms of movement, facial expression, use of hands and feet, and knowledge of the interpretation and depiction of various characters dancer..
Participants must learn the theoretical and practical physical basis of Balinese dance..
Develop the relationship between breath, energy and concentration.