How to do garba dance steps
Easy Garba Dance Steps for Beginners: Ahead of Navratri 2019, Watch Video Tutorials to Learn Basic Garba Steps
You do not need any dancing skill, but just happiness and some basic steps to groove in during the Garba nights. Ahead of the celebration, here, we bring you Garba tutorial videos which are best for the beginners to learn and dance it out during Sharad Navratri 2019.
Festivals & Events Team Latestly| Sep 23, 2019 06:05 PM IST
The grand festival of Sharad Navratri is approaching. This year, the celebration of nine nights will begin from September 29, and the festivity continues till October 7. It is a joyous time of the year, especially for people living in Gujarat and Maharashtra, who are captivated in this vibrant festival. Navratri is not only limited to traditional offerings and religious fests. The colourful attires, exciting buffets, melodious tunes and unmatched of garba nights is what people are enthralled during Sharad Navratri. You do not need any dancing skill, but just happiness and some basic steps to groove in during the Garba nights. Ahead of the celebration, here, we bring you Garba tutorial videos which are best for the beginners to learn and dance it out during Sharad Navratri 2019. Ghatasthapana Puja 2019 Date in Sharad Navratri: Kalash Sthapana Tithi, Shubh Muhurat and Puja Vidhi to Start Nine-Day Festival Dedicated to Goddess Durga.
Navratri spans up to nine nights and falls during the autumn season every year. Sharad Navratri is observed in the honour of the divine feminine Devi, Maa Durga. The famous celebration includes Garba and Dandiya dance. Throughout the nine days, the cities are dressed up, and people come out of their house to celebrate this auspicious and joyous festival. Garba is a form of dance which originated in the state of Gujarat. The name is derived from the Sanskrit word Garbha (womb) and Deep (a small earthen lamp).
Watch Video: Garba Tutorial 1
This Garba steps for beginners video shows extremely easy steps that anyone can channel while wearing their charming smile. Watch the video and learn them step by step to brighten up the festivity.
Watch Video: Garba Tutorial 2
This video is short, and the choreographer teachers you five simple and most common Garba steps that you can never go wrong. Before each step, he can be seen explaining rightly when and how to step-turn-step-turn.
Watch Video: Garba Tutorial 3
The clip above is another great example that shows you how to perform the traditional dance form. People of all ages can be seen in the video practising for the wonderful Garba night.
The circular and spiral figures of garba is performed during the nine-day Hindu festival of Navratri. Either a lamp or an image of Goddess Durga is placed in the middle of concentric rings as an object of worship. Learn the basic steps with the help of the above tutorial videos and enjoy the festive nights.
(The above story first appeared on LatestLY on Sep 23, 2019 06:05 PM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website latestly.com).
Navratri 2022 Easy Garba Dance Steps for Beginners: How To Do Tran Tali Garba and Dodhiya Garba? Watch Simple Dance Tutorial Videos for Nine-Day Festival
Different styles of garba are also performed by various groups who get their steps in sync while grooving to the regional Gujarati songs. Before you get into the festive fever of Navratri, learn easy steps, to begin with, for the enthusiastic dance form this festive season. Learn from the Navratri 2022 easy garba tutorials we present below.
Lifestyle Purvi Khemani| Sep 20, 2022 01:17 PM IST
Navratri 2022 is almost here! The most-awaited garba festival of the year is all set to begin on September 26, Monday. Garba is a dance form that is performed during Sharad Navratri in Gujarat and other western states of the country. People dance in traditional attire to welcome Goddess Durga, who arrives on the earth during Shardiya Navratri. The nine-day festival is observed with great pomp, with devotees performing garba in different styles to celebrate the auspicious festival. Navratri 2022 will be celebrated till Dussehra, which falls on October 5, Wednesday. As you look forward to doing the garba during the nine-day festival, learn how to do Tran Tali garba (three-clap) and Dodhiya garba for Sharad Navratri. Watch tutorial videos for Navratri 2022 easy garba dance steps for beginners.
During the Navratri festival, people gather in public places to perform puja for Maa Durga and seek her blessings for a prosperous life ahead. After the special puja, they start doing the garba (traditional dance form of Gujarat) around the centrally lit lamp or a picture of the Goddess. Men and women wear colourful clothes during garba and dandiya festivities. While women dress in Chaniya Choli, men groom themselves in Kediyu. Different styles of garba are also performed by various groups who get their steps in sync while grooving to the regional Gujarati songs. Before you get into the festive fever of Navratri, learn easy steps, to begin with, for the enthusiastic dance form this festive season. Learn from the Navratri 2022 easy garba tutorials we present below. Navratri 2022 Bhog for 9 Days: From Ghee to Sesame Seeds, List of Prasad To Offer to 9 Forms of Goddess Durga During Sharad Navratri Festivities
Navratri 2022 Easy Garba Dance Steps for Beginners
Ek Tali, Do Tali & Teen Tali Garba Tutorial Video
Dodhiya Garba Steps Turorial Video
Tran Tali Garba for Navratri 2022
Get set, and go for the Navratri festival by practising simple garba steps, to begin with. Learn Ek Tali, Do Tali, and Teen Tali along with the famous Dodhiya garba and tap your footsteps in the most traditional manner! Happy Navratri!
(The above story first appeared on LatestLY on Sep 20, 2022 01:17 PM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website latestly.com).
How to learn to dance shuffle - Lifehacker
December 15, 2019LikbezSports and Fitness
Master the basic movements, and then improvise and get high.
Author of Lifehacker, athlete, CCM
This dance style includes a lot of freedom and improvisation. That is why he is so good. You can master the basic movements in a couple of hours, and then complicate them to infinity and combine them with each other, create your own combinations and spy on others.
Dance in sneakers, socks or barefoot, in any outfit, anywhere.
Master the basic movements of the shuffle
In this style, you do all the basic movements with your feet, the hands most often move freely - according to the heart.
This is the most basic and essential shuffle movement. You can do it in three different ways.
The movement begins by bending the knee and lifting one leg. Next, you need to simultaneously put both legs - supporting and raised - at a distance of one step from each other.
The raised leg is placed forward on a full foot, the standing one behind slips back on the ball of the foot and remains on it - the heel is not placed on the floor. The weight is evenly distributed between the two legs.
After that, it remains to return to the starting position. To do this, the front leg slides back, and at the same time, the back leg is pulled up. You find yourself in the starting position and repeat the cycle. The movement itself is soft and springy: do not stick into the floor, keep your legs relaxed.
This is a lighter and faster running man look that may be needed for some combinations. Here you put your foot not on the whole foot, but on the heel. At the same time, the one standing behind remains on the toe.
In this variation, the foot is placed forward on the pad. At the same time, the one standing behind also remains on the ball of the foot, and the body leans slightly back.
In this movement, one foot constantly makes a “herringbone” - turns the heel in and out - and the second touches the floor and immediately rises back.
When the heel of the skating leg turns inward, the toe of the other leg touches the floor; when outward, the other leg rises, turning the knee inward.
It turns out two positions: closed - when the legs are wrapped with the knees inward, and one leg is raised, and open - when the legs are turned out with the knees outward, and the toe touches the floor. Practice doing the T-step in both directions: slowly at first, then with acceleration.
You jump on one foot, and the other touches the floor in different places: on the side of the supporting leg, across, behind - anywhere you want. You can put your foot on the toe or on the heel - the latter is called a kick. The supporting leg can simply rise low or perform a T-step - move the heel out and in.
To begin, you turn your knees and toes inward and lift one leg. Then turn your toes and knees outward, and put your raised leg forward crosswise. Repeat the same with the other leg.
All movement occurs on the balls of the feet, the heels do not fall to the floor. You can move both forward and backward.
First you put your feet crosswise with your toes outward with a jump, then you also spread your legs apart with a jump.
One leg is straight, stands on the whole foot, the other is with a bent knee on the pad. Leaning on the pad, you slip the foot of a straight leg back, as if wiping the sole on the floor.
Immediately after the slip, you turn around. In the turn, the straight leg bends and goes to the pad, and the one that was on the pad, on the contrary, turns on the heel. After that, it remains only to change legs and move in the same way in the other direction.
From the starting position - standing with a raised leg, as in Running man - you turn your hips to the side with a jump and put your legs crosswise.
The front foot is on the heel, the back foot is on the ball. Then you jump back to the starting position and do the same on the other side.
From the starting position, you turn your hips to the side with a jump and spread your legs a step apart from each other. The standing foot in front is placed on the heel, the standing one behind remains on the pillow. Then, with a jump, you collect your legs and do the same on the other side.
Try other variations of the basic shuffle movements
You can perform the basic movements in different directions: forward and backward, turning around. This will give you more freedom to improvise.
Variations Running man
Do several times in place and then turn around. You can also try walking this way to the side. Each time the leg will need to be placed slightly crossed in order to slowly move to the side.
You can lower your foot on the toe, on the whole foot, touch the floor to the side of the supporting leg or forward and behind it.
You can also keep the other leg off the floor at all - leave it on the toe and turn the knee in and out.
Here one more element is added to the movement – the heel strike. In the starting position, you wrap the toes of the feet and knees inward, and then jump on the heels, turning the socks to the sides.
From this position, without jumping, you turn your toes and knees inward, cross your legs with a jump, turning your feet with your toes outward, and then return to the starting position.
After three turns of the Charleston, turn both toes in one direction and then in the other. At the end, you can turn the knee to the side.
Connect familiar shuffle moves
While you lack the skills to move freely and come up with something of your own, learn a few combinations. They contain interesting movements that will replenish your dance vocabulary.
This is a simple combination of two basic movements - Running man and T-step. First take five Running man steps, then four T-steps to the side and repeat the same in the opposite direction.
Another combination of two basic movements. Here you do three Running mans, then one T‑step with a back foot touch, and two front heel touch kicks. The same on the other side.
There are no standard steps here, but there are already familiar Sidekick and transition from heels to toes.
Learn more difficult combinations
We will add some videos with good combinations.
1. Cool video for beginners: movements are repeated in slow motion to make it easier to dance to the music.
2. And here the combination is analyzed step by step in slow motion, dividing it into three parts. Very comfortably. Look for more on this channel, there are several such analyzes.
3. There is no slowdown here, just a great combination. But you already know almost all the movements, so you can figure it out. If something is not clear, watch the video at a speed of 0.25.
Pick up the music and improvise
Surely you have favorite songs to shuffle to. Include them and start with basic movements: just do the Running man and periodically add different elements when you want. Move in different directions, relax and have fun.
If you don't have favorite tracks, try our selection.
I must say that the shuffle is an amazing cardio workout. In just a couple of tracks, you will be out of breath and sweat, like after a run, but you will feel absolutely happy!
What's more, if you have to force yourself to keep going while running, shuffle requires you to have the willpower to stop and not dance. As a bonus - a short video from a beginner after a couple of hours of practice.
Shuffle is cool!
Read also 🕺💃🤸♀️
- Dancing as a sport: choosing the right direction
- Dance and movement therapy: how to know and change yourself through movement
- How to learn to dance: video lessons for those who are not afraid to try
- How to learn street dancing without leaving home
- Zumba is a fun way to lose weight for those who love dancing
*Activity of Meta Platforms Inc. and its social networks Facebook and Instagram are prohibited in the territory of the Russian Federation.
Basic elements in Hip-hop (practice)
Exemplary team Dance and sports club AJAX #RedPAntherscrew
Learning the basics. 16 initial movements
Each dance is based on the basic elements on which it is built. The same applies to Hip-Hop
After the student has caught the approximate nature of the movements and understood what he is moving and how, we begin to acquaint him with the base.
Important. The second and third stages take place simultaneously.
We take 2-3 new movements at each lesson. We disassemble. Adding hands.
At the end - freestyle, to fix all the material.
In this way, we repeat and consolidate the old material and impose new material on it, which allows the student to accumulate knowledge, and not learn new things every time and forget. Every student must know the basics.
Here are 16 basic moves and their variations on the basis of which you can make a combination:
1. Steve Martin 2.Running man 3.Kick 4.Roger Rabbit 5.Alf (March Step) 6.Kriss Kross 7.ShamRock 8.PartyDuke 9. Monestery 10.Bart Simpson 11.Bobby Brown
12.Happy Feet 13.Sponge Bob 14.PartyMachine 15.Atl Stomp 16.Reebok
Basic hip hop elements
Old school (1979 - 1990) Basic old school hip hop elements
- Basic Bounce Combo
- Two step The simplest movement found in many hip-hop dances. "One" - a step towards the launch vehicle. "Two" - the second leg is substituted for the PH. The movement is repeated on the other leg. Step stand to the side, forward, diagonally, loop back.
- Step slide, slide step , Glide , Circle Glide / Turn Glide
- March step with movement. Combination with kick - kick - raise the knee - stand with a body turn. Mandatory accented pumping. We raise the knee and rebound back, without swinging, lifting the leg from the calf muscle.
- Criss cross step on the rise with a jump, cross - initial, add lower back on the sides, knees bent. Add diaphragm and uncomplicated hands. Do not strain your neck and back!
- Criss Cross Variations
- Humpty Dance Humpty Dance. In this dance, the “Kach” of the pelvic girdle becomes the main one. The dance is performed in the second wide position and the knees must always be bent. Starting position II free position of the legs. "And Raz" - Chris Cross. "I" - the pelvic part of the legs is retracted slightly back. "Two" - So with an accent moves forward. "And Three", "And Four" - "And Two" is repeated. You can add hands, as in the video below, or come up with something of your own.
- Kick it drink it. Kick [Kik] is one of the most common movements in modern dance. A simple kick in the air. When performing, you must remember about the Groove (Kach). Starting position: I parallel position of the legs. "And" - kick [kick] or kick with the right foot forward. The movement is similar to kicking a soccer ball. The body makes a “pitch” forward. "One" - the right leg returns to its original position. The left leg swings back. The body leans back slightly. "And" - the left foot makes a kick [kick] forward. "Kach" forward. "Two" - similar to the movement to "One", only from the opposite leg. On the next beat, the movement is repeated. Kick, Kick + Back jump
- Kick and slide kick and slide. A kick is made with one foot, and then a slide is made with the other.
- Kick & Step - Kick Cross Step
- Kick ball change On I swing, for once swing up, on I swing, 2 steps back and kip up. Hands work in opposition. Back and to the side, back with a twist in the hips, forward, back with a turn and to the side, forward and forward crosswise . Kick out - leg bent to the side, kick, change of leg to the side.
- Party Duke + variations - leg abduction to the side.
- Cabbage patch The name comes from the Cabbage Patch Kids, a toy popular in the 80s and 90s. Usually performed comically. Often accompanied by funny "grimaces". The starting position is free. Hands move in a plane parallel to the floor. Starting from the chest describe a circle. During performance, the shoulders rise. Any steps can be used in the legs.
- Smurf [Smurf] is a movement named after cartoon characters. The knees do a swing with an emphasis down, the body and head with an emphasis forward. Hands in turn move forward, as in swimming. Starting position - free. "One" - one hand begins to "float" forward in a small arc. In the legs, body and head, "kach" begins.
- Prep (Pretty Boys)
- The wop
- Reebok - swing up with a shoulder and an arm jumping. : Reverse, With touch. Raise the knees, when descending, the weight of the body between the legs, hands “pump the pump”
- Reject Step
- Shamrock - step sideways out, back, bouncing legs together, landing. Option back. Option 2
- Steve Martin - forward - backward swing, extension of the bent leg back, knee forward, change, remove the error when turning with the knee to the body back.
- Pepper seed
- BK Bounce (Peter Paul)
- Robocop Robocop variation 2 variation 3
- Chiken head
- Chicken noodle soup
- Aunt jackie
- Pop, lock & drop it - Body twist and squat with hands in the lock0006 Hip-hop elements with steps, twists, kicks
- Run It - twists with step forward
- Egyptian Twist - legs together, twist to the sides.