How old is karina from dancing with the stars
Karina Smirnoff Net Worth | Celebrity Net WorthWhat is Karina Smirnoff's Net Worth?
Karina Smirnoff is a Ukrainian professional ballroom dancer who has a net worth of $6 million. Karina Smirnoff is best known for being a regular competitor on the dance competition television series "Dancing with the Stars." Over the show's run, she won the 13th season with actor J. R. Martinez, and was runner-up in seasons 3 and 17. Beyond "Dancing with the Stars," Smirnoff has won multiple championships at the US Open, Asian Open, and Dutch Open, among other events.
She embarked on her professional dancing career in the United States, soon after she joined a dance school in Brooklyn, New York. Together with her dancing partner Slavik Kryklyvyy, she enjoyed tremendous success, winning several US Championships and fetching other world titles, while being named world's second in the Latin division. Other ballroom titles she has earned include: five-time U. S. National Champion, World Trophy Champion and Asian Open Champion, among others.
As a multi-season, non-celebrity participant in ABC's prime-time show, she has numerous partners like actor Mario Lopez (with whom she took the second place in the 3rd season and then she dated him), country singer Billy Ray Cyrus, boxer Floyd Mayweather, famed chef Rocco DiSpirito and Steve Wozniak. It was the thirteenth season of the show, when Karina and army veteran & soap opera star J. R. Martinez turned out to be winners. In addition to fetching gold, she has won runner-up title, a semi-final title, and several quarter final titles.
- Early Life and Education
- Career Beginnings
- Championships and Honors
- Dancing with the Stars
- Other Media Appearances
- Personal Life
💰 Compare Karina Smirnoff's Net WorthEarly Life and Education
Karina Smirnoff was born on January 2, 1978 in Kharkiv in what was then Soviet Ukraine. She is of Russian and Greek ancestry, and is an only child. Smirnoff got into ballroom dancing fairly early on, starting to compete at the age of 11. In 1993, she immigrated to the US. There, Smirnoff went to a number of different schools, from Nerinx Hall High School in St. Louis, Missouri to Christopher Columbus High School in the Bronx borough of New York City. Ultimately, she completed her secondary education at the Bronx High School of Science. Smirnoff went on to attend Fordham University, from which she graduated with degrees in economics and information systems programming.Career Beginnings
Starting off her dance career, Smirnoff had a notable partnership with Roman Nabatov. The pair competed as an amateur couple before ending their partnership in early 1997. The following year, Smirnoff began dancing with British ballroom dancer Paul Killick; they eventually broke off their partnership in the summer of 1999. Immediately after this, Smirnoff started dancing with Dutch-American dancer Louis Van Amstel. Following their split in late 2000, Smirnoff had her most successful dance partnership yet with Slavik Kryklyvyy, with whom she danced from 2001 to 2005.
After her partnership with Kryklyvyy ended in 2005, Smirnoff danced with Dmitri Timokhin. Together, the pair won first place at the Grand-Prix Dynamo in Moscow in 2006.Championships and Honors
Smirnoff has won numerous dance championships during her career. Among them, she has won multiple US Open, Asian Open, Dutch Open, and US National Professional titles. Smirnoff also won the UK Open, and came in second at the British Open Blackpool Dance Festival. Significantly, she is the first woman to have reached the British Professional Final with three different partners.
Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty ImagesDancing with the Stars
In 2006, Smirnoff joined the ABC dance competition television program "Dancing with the Stars" for its third season. Paired with celebrity partner Mario López, she finished the season in second place behind Cheryl Burke and Emmitt Smith. Smirnoff returned for season four in 2007, and was paired with singer and actor Billy Ray Cyrus; they ultimately finished in fifth. Paired with champion boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. for season five, she finished in ninth. For season six, Smirnoff and her partner Mario came in fifth. She subsequently partnered with chef Rocco DiSpirito in season seven, finishing in ninth. With Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak, Smirnoff came in 10th in season eight. She fared better the next season, placing fifth with singer Aaron Carter. After skipping a season, Smirnoff returned for season 11 as the partner of reality television star Mike Sorrentino; they finished in ninth. Her partner in season 12 was actor Ralph Macchio, with whom she made fourth place.
Smirnoff had her first win on "Dancing with the Stars" in the 13th season in 2011. Paired with "All My Children" actor J. R. Martinez, she beat out the pairs of Rob Kardashian and Cheryl Burke, and Derek Hough and Ricki Lake, to claim the title. The next season, Smirnoff only came in ninth place with her partner Gavin DeGraw. She subsequently came in fifth in season 15 with partner Apolo Anton Ohno. A better result came in season 16, when Smirnoff and football player Jacoby Jones finished in third. The following season was even more successful, with Smirnoff and actor Corbin Bleu finishing in the runner-up position. Smirnoff performed less well over the subsequent seasons, coming in 11th in both seasons 18 and 19 with Sean Avery and Randy Couture, respectively. After sitting out season 20, she had her worst result yet in season 21, finishing 12th with Victor Espinoza. For season 22, Smirnoff partnered with former football player Doug Flutie and came in ninth.Other Media Appearances
Smirnoff has made a number of appearances in popular media outside of "Dancing with the Stars." In 2004, she played a dance instructor in the romantic dramedy "Shall We Dance?," a remake of the eponymous Japanese film. A few years after that, she guest-starred in an episode of the teen television sitcom "Hannah Montana." Later, in 2016, Smirnoff was part of the cast of the second season of the E! reality television series "Famously Single." She appeared alongside Tiffany Pollard, Malika Haqq, Chad Johnson, Calum Best, Dorothy Wang, and Ronnie Ortiz-Magro, among other personalities.Personal Life
In 2009, Smirnoff got engaged to fellow "Dancing with the Stars" dancer Maksim Chmerkovskiy. The pair ultimately broke off the engagement after nine months. Smirnoff subsequently started dating MLB pitcher Brad Penny, to whom she got engaged in late 2010. The couple broke off their engagement a little over a year later in December of 2011. In early 2015, Smirnoff got engaged to entrepreneur Jason Adelman; they too broke off their engagement, this time within a few months. Smirnoff later began a relationship with Justinas Duknauskas, with whom she had a son named Theo Gabriel in 2020.
All net worths are calculated using data drawn from public sources. When provided, we also incorporate private tips and feedback received from the celebrities or their representatives. While we work diligently to ensure that our numbers are as accurate as possible, unless otherwise indicated they are only estimates. We welcome all corrections and feedback using the button below.
Karina Smirnoff Bio, Affair, In Relation, Net Worth, Child, Boyfriend
Relationship Facts of Karina Smirnoff
|Karina Smirnoff is not having an affair with anyone presently.
|Her sexual orientation is straight.
Who is Karina Smirnoff Dating? Does she have kids?
Karina Smirnoff is currently dating Justinas Duknauskas.
On 18th December 2019, she announced that she is expecting her first child. The pair welcomed their first baby, a son named Theo Gabriel in April 2020.
Karina Smirnoff is currently engaged to Jason Adelman. Jason is an entrepreneur and they engaged in January 2015.
On 11th March 2015, they announced their split and called off their engagement.
Previously in 2009, Karina was engaged to fellow DWTS pro and Ukrainian Maksim Chmerkovskiy for nine months in the tear 2009.
After that, in October 2009, she began dating Major League Baseball pitcher Brad Penny. In October 2010 they engaged and called off their engagement in December 2011.
Who is Karina Smirnoff?
- 1 Who is Karina Smirnoff?
- 2 Karina Smirnoff- Family Life, Education
- 3 Karina Smirnoff- Professional career
- 3.1 Dancing with the Stars
- 4 Championship
- 5 Karina Smirnoff- Net worth
- 6 Body Measurement
- 7 Social Media
Similarly, she is a five-time U.S. National Champion.
She is working on the post-production Tango Shalom as Viviana Nieves.
Karina Smirnoff- Family Life, Education
Karina Smirnoff was born on 2nd January 1978 in Kharkiv, Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union. Her parents were the owner of a liquor store in Staten Island.Caption: Karina Smirnoff (Source: Pinterest)
When she was 11 years old, she competed in ballroom dancing and chose to pursue a career in ballroom dancing.
In the year 1993, she migrated here to the USA. She attended Nerinx Hall High School in St. Louis and Christopher Columbus High School in The Bronx.
Similarly, she graduated from Bronx High School of Science in The Bronx and New York City’s Fordham University in New York with a double major in economics and information system programming.
Karina Smirnoff- Professional career
Karina started dancing by competing with Roman Nabatov as an amateur couple for the USA and in January 1997, they ended their partnership.
After that, she started dancing with Paul Killick in October 1998 as a professional couple for England, and their partnership ended in July 1999.
In 2004, Karina appeared in the 2004 film Shall We Dance? as a dance instructor and was Stanley Tucci‘s dance partner.
Similarly, her last professional partner recorded in competitions was Dmitri Timokhin representing Russia in October 2005.
She was the project/director of a dancing event Day & Night which is held on 18th November 2006 at the Hollywood & Highlands Grand Ballroom.
Likewise, in November 2016, she announced the cast of the E! reality series Famously Single for its second season.
Dancing with the Stars
Karina was a performer on the third season of the ABC series Dancing with the Stars with Mario Lopez. Similarly, they finished in second place and lost to Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke.
On 19th March 2007, she returned to the show for season 4 and partnered with Billy Ray Cyrus. Likewise, she appeared on the thirteenth season of Dancing with the Stars with J.R. Martinez.
In the 22nd season, she partnered with formal NFL quarterback Doug Flutie but got eliminated in week 6.
- US National Champion
- World Trophy Champion
- Asian Open Champion
- three-time Champion at the US Open
- a two-time champion at the Asian Open
Karina Smirnoff- Net worth
The estimated net worth of Karina is $6 million US. As a dancer, she earns around $30,000 US.
She earns around $5000 US per week on Dancing with the Stars. She has a house in Woodland Hills, California, US. Likewise, she bought the home in January 2013.
Karina is a brown-eyed brunette. She is 5 feet 4 inches tall and weighs around 55 kg.
She has around 561k followers on Facebook, 202k on Instagram, and 265k on Twitter account.
You may also read the age, parents, career, net worth, body measurement, and social media of Hilde Osland, Shirley Ballas, and Brendan Cole
Member of the Georgian "Dancing with the Stars" Ukrainian Karina Lysenko: We have been competing with Yezhov since childhood
December 4 14:03 0
The 11th season of the project "Dancing with the Stars" has started in Georgia, in which not only singer Olya Polyakova and dancer Max Yezhov take part, but also another Ukrainian Karina Lysenko. How she ended up in Georgia and got into the project, how the show differs from the Ukrainian one, as well as jealousy and rivalry with her husband on the floor, we asked her personally.
“More dancing in Georgia”
- Karina, you are the star of the Georgian version of the show "Dancing with the Stars". Tell us how and when you ended up in Georgia and directly in this project?
- I was looking for a ballroom dance partner. I had two options - either to fly to Canada or to Georgia. But since it is only a two-hour flight from Kyiv to Tbilisi, my family and I decided that it would be Georgia. For the first three years, I traveled back and forth. And I got into the Georgian “Dancing with the Stars” thanks to the studio where I studied. The guys who trained there took an active part in the filming. The first season with my participation was 5 years ago, I also danced last season and now.
- Do you think the Georgian format of "Dances" is very different from the Ukrainian one?
- Visually the project is very different. In Georgia, this is a celebration of ballroom dancing, more and more sporty and eventful. Ukraine has an amazing show that I love. My friends participate there and I know the whole “kitchen” of the project from the inside. In Ukraine, more and more is built on the hero, on his emotional state, on the disclosure of the star from the other side. But my purely personal opinion is that there are more dances in Georgia.
- So in Georgia it's more about the competition-competition format?
- Indeed, everything takes place in the "competition-competition" format and the participants work for quality. It is very important for them to show strong numbers. To be honest, there has never been such a high-quality dance season in Georgia.
- What is the atmosphere backstage like? Scandals do not arise?
- This season it so happened that most of the professional dancers are representatives of our studio, our students. And this year's show is a slightly different story. We do all the productions together, work on dances together, work out the choreography, cut the music, so there are no scandals. As for the competition, this year we have all the star participants are very strong. Some of them have been engaged in Georgian dances for a long time. Their bodies are prepared for the load, for professional dancing.
- In Ukraine, the "Dancing with the Stars" project has an active pr-promotion in social networks, videos and photos are immediately published on YouTube and Instagram. In Georgia, you can only find out about the fate of your beloved couple if you watch live broadcast. Why is that?
- Since the show “Dancing with the Stars” has already been produced in Tbilisi for 11 seasons and Georgia is smaller than Ukraine in terms of its population, the project does not need such great publicity. Everyone here really knows him, therefore there is less activity in social networks. This is absolutely true.
Photo: Personal archive of Karina Lysenko
“Everything that Olya Polyakova does during the show is related to Ukraine”
- Do you communicate backstage with Olya Polyakova and Max Yezhov? Perhaps Olya asked you to help, so to speak, to get acquainted with the "local cuisine"?
- I'm very glad that Olya is here with Max [dancing]. Max and I are friends. By the way, we have a very interesting story about Yezhov. It already happened that in childhood we often crossed paths, competed with each other in Kharkov, Zaporozhye at various dance tournaments in Ukraine, and now in Georgia. He arrived, we saw each other and it was so warm, it became so in our opinion on the site (smiles). I immediately remembered all these moments. Of course, I do everything I can to help them. Olya and Max came to our studio to train.
- Do Georgians know who Olya Polyakova is? Is she known locally?
- Yes, people know her. Of course, not on the scale as in Ukraine, and not on the scale in which I know it (smiles). My knowledge of Olya Polyakova is much deeper, I have been to her show many times and admire how strong she is as a vocalist. After the start of a full-scale war, here in Georgia, two charity concerts were held in support of Ukraine with the participation of Olya. The first in May and the second in August. Plus, everything she does on the show is related to Ukraine.
- In past broadcasts, she danced to the music of Verka Serdyuchka, Jamala, and in this way people learned not only more about Olya, but also about our Ukrainian culture, artists. I believe that she is making a great contribution to ensuring that as many Georgians as possible know about the war in Ukraine. We need to publicize what is happening now.
- Your boyfriend Rati is also participating this season with the singer Tato Giorgobiani. How is it to compete against each other?
- Rati is my husband (smiles). We do not compete with each other, as we have built a sports career together for six years. “Dancing with the Stars” is a project where you dance with a star and, as I understand it, our main task is to reveal the star as much as possible, teach you how to dance and promote it even more. Moreover, we train with each other's stars, since it is easier and more comfortable to explain the part of a partner to a male dancer, it is more comfortable for me to explain to a woman. Here everything happens in mutual assistance.
- Does Rati get jealous of your partner? In the Ukrainian version of the show, there were cases when the husband was jealous of the dancer for his partner.
- Is the dancer's husband also a dancer, a choreographer? So you answered your own question (smiles). The project is related to my professional activity. I think that every person treats his profession in a certain way. In my case, the issue of jealousy can not be. From my side everything is clean, clear and good.
Photo: Personal archive of Karina Lysenko
“Russian is not spoken on television in Georgia, they try to fence themselves off from it in life”
- The war in Ukraine has been going on for almost 10 months. What is being said about it in Georgia now, and is it enough?
- In February, when it all started, the way Georgia began to talk about and support our guys at the front not just with words, but with actions, it was significant. Now they also talk about the war, but not in the same way as in the first months. As in any country in the world, all this is forgotten, everyone lives their own life and deals with their own everyday issues. In general, I believe that the Georgian people support Ukraine the most, because they themselves have gone through this. Now I'm not talking about politicians, but about ordinary people.
- Have you already learned Georgian?
- I have an interesting history with the Georgian language (laughs) . I perceive everything by ear, understand, speak when it is very necessary. For example, in a taxi or when I buy something in a store. But it so happened that next to me are people who speak Russian perfectly. But, I try very hard. I already read, I read slowly, syllable by syllable, like a child in the second grade (smiles). But I feel that I will speak Georgian soon. I sincerely want to speak this language.
- What is the attitude of Georgians towards the Russian language in life and on TV? I saw that on the air of "Dances" basically everyone communicates only in Georgian. This is very different from our TV, because even now we have Russian.
- In Georgia, they don't speak Russian on television, they try to fence themselves off from it in real life. This wave has been around for a long time. The country is doing well in this regard, it keeps its borders well. Speaking as an inhabitant, on the street I communicate in Russian, Georgian and Ukrainian. There are no problems with this if there are human relations.
- Do the participants of the show speak Russian backstage?
- Yes, of course. If there is no connection, then they can communicate in Russian. For example, Olya [Polyakova] now speaks Ukrainian, she has no option to communicate in Georgian, so she finds some way out. Can also speak Russian.
- How often do you visit Ukraine now and are your loved ones safe?
- The last time I was in Ukraine was just a couple of weeks before the start of a full-scale war. My relatives and relatives are now in Ukraine. One part of the family in Kyiv, the second in Zaporozhye. My dad works at one of the military infrastructure facilities. The whole family brings our victory closer as best they can. All my persuasions to leave Ukraine for a while, to somehow help, do not work (smiling) . Prepared for winter, not going anywhere. All the women in my family don't want to leave the men alone.
- Maybe in the future we will see you in the Ukrainian "Dancing with the Stars" as a participant?
- In Ukraine, I have never participated in projects and have never gone to auditions. Of course, I would gladly take part in "Dancing with the Stars" in Ukraine in peacetime. I know what an amazing show the team is putting on. But now the most important thing is Ukraine's victory in the war and for peace to come. Winter for Ukrainians will be difficult. I wish all of us strength, health and faith that we will win, and that this will happen in the very near future. Glory to Ukraine!
Karina and her husband Rati behind the scenes of the show Photo: Personal archive of Karina Lysenko
Related news: Dancing TV show dancing with the stars
Follow us on social networks
Alina Li talks about her personal life, motherhood, casting "Dancing with the Stars" and relationships with competitors on show
Alina Li answered all questions about Dancing with the Stars and her personal life.
On her Instagram page, partner of Dmitry Kadnaya Alina Li told whether they would return to the floor on the next air of the show "Dancing with the Stars", what kind of relationship they have with competitors, and also about how she brings up her daughter and whether she is happy she is now.
READ ALSO: "Dude, you're cool" - Scriabin's wife about Dmitry Kadnaya's performance to Kuzma's song on Dancing with the Stars
Alina Li admitted that she hopes to return to dancing next Sunday. She herself feels good, but her partner Dima is still gaining strength. The fans of their couple had a suspicion that they would dance the dance online, but Alina ambiguously refused:
Everyone will see you soon.
Competition on the floor is growing more and more: the equator has already been passed, fewer and fewer couples remain in the show. How does Alina relate to competitors? Explained:
And how can you not love them! Honestly, I love everyone. All different. All are special. And already such relatives.
Look at this post on Instagram
READ ALSO: "My mom wore the same jacket for 10 years so I could make music" - Dmitry Kadnay told about my mom at the Evening of Kumirs on "Dancing with the Stars"
Li remembered how she first came casting for the show "Dancing with the Stars". She feels like it was 100 years ago:
There were a lot of cool, strong and famous dancers in the ballroom world. It was a great surprise for me that out of 12 girls, two were left immediately after seeing the dance. Later, from the selected dancers, the director's team began to select stars. And, in my opinion, she did it, I'm not afraid of this word, perfectly. Dima was the only partner-star with whom I tried to pair up, although there were plans to audition with some.
Should we expect a dancer next season? Intrigued:
Everything is possible. But what is happening now would definitely like to repeat.
READ ALSO: Partner Kadnaya shared family photos: Alina Li became a mother a year ago
Li has been dancing since she was five years old. Alina loves to dance: she is sure that dancers should try absolutely every style. But what the star would do if it weren’t for dancing, he can’t even imagine. However, I am sure that her life without dancing would be no less beautiful.
Despite her young age, 20 years old, Alina Li has been a mother for a year now. With her husband, also a dancer, before the birth of her daughter, she was together for 2.5 years. The smile of little Solomiya and the loud "mother" when the star comes home makes Lee the happiest person: this is what makes his chest warm. Will parents become a hindrance to little Sole if she wants to go to the dance? Told:
She grows up in a "dance environment" (you yourself know the result of such upbringing). Let's see how it will be. I want her to do what will make her happy. If it will be dancing, we will support her in this and guide her.
Look at this post on Instagram
Due to her participation in the project, Alina is often away from home. How does her husband Sergei react to participating in the show?
He is proud of me and understands. I thank him for this. Although I will not hide it, at first it was not easy.
Watch the extreme dance of Alina and Dmitry in the project:
#stars #dance #Dancing with the Stars #ballroom dancing #Dmitry Kadnay
Dances with stars Season 8 Episode 13
LAUD - There de ti - Dancing with the Stars 2021
Results Show: Week 13 - Dancing with the Stars 2021
Olga Kharlan and Dmitry Dikusar - Freestyle - Dancing with the Stars 2021
The winners of the contest "Dance with the Heart" danced samba at the show Dancing with the Stars
Artur Logay and Anna Karelina - Freestyle - Dancing with the Stars 2021
Konstantin Voitenko and Roksoliana Malanchuk - Freestyle - Dancing with the Stars 2021
Jamala - SLEEP - Dancing with the Stars 2021
Olga Kharlan and Dmitry Dikusar - Samba - Dancing with the Stars 2021
Karina Stashishchak and Igor Kuzmenko - Paso Doble - Dancing with the Stars 2021
Konstantin Voitenko and Roksoliana Malanchuk - Contempo - Dancing with the Stars 2021
Artur Logai and Anna Karelina - Contempo - Dancing with the Stars 2021
MOZGI – ZAVTRA – Dancing with the Stars 2021
Konstantin Voitenko and Roksoliana Malanchuk - Slow Waltz - Dancing with the Stars 2021
At the final of "Dancing with the Stars" it became known who will become the coach of the show "Voice of the Country-12"
The main prize of the charity project "Your Dream" appeared in the show Dancing with the Stars
Olga Kharlan and Dmitry Dikusar - Tango - Dancing with the Stars 2021
Artur Logay and Anna Karelina - Viennese Waltz - Dancing with the Stars 2021
Grand Super Final: Opening Number - Dancing with the Stars 2021.13th Air
Dances with stars
“I go to Dancing with the Stars to talk about Ukraine again and again,” Jamala, exclusively for Snidanka z 1 + 1, told the details of her future participation in the Polish show
Dances with stars
Finalist of the show "Dancing with the Stars", actor Konstantin Voitenko against 10-year-old checkers champion Lera: who won in a charity party
Dances with stars
Participants of Dancing with the Stars Konstantin Voitenko and Anton Nesterko, together with philanthropists, raised 4.5 million hryvnias for equipment for the army
Dances with stars
What surprised Vlad Yama on vacation with his family: “Well hello, 2007!”
Dances with stars
JAMALA presented the track "New Rock with You" and announced a video with the participants of "Dancing with the Stars" in the lead roles
Dances with stars
“I dream of dancing on the floor after I give birth to children,” Ivanna Onufriychuk spoke about the experience of leading in Dancing with the Stars, the path to success and the husband of her dreams (INTERVIEW)
What holiday is today - December 9: Martyr George, Yuri Autumn (what not to do)
#what holiday is today
Christmas post: Lenten dishes for every day (recipes)
Day of the Holy Apostle Andrew the First-Called: date, history and traditions of the day
#what holiday is today
Horoscope for December 10 for all zodiac signs: spend the day off in a warm bed
Happy Angel Yuri Day: congratulations on name days in verses and postcards
#what holiday is today
Rising fuel prices: should we be afraid of a shortage
"You are not alone": DOROFEEVA will sing Shchedryk in an unexpected duet and talk about the celebration of Christmas in the Cherkasy region
#You are not alone
“It will be tougher” — in the special season of “League of Smіhu” on TET they will joke about the current
“Mandruy Ukraine with Dmitri Komarov”: how many children did the Carpathian molfarki with Alexandra Kucherenko provide for the traveler