How to dance with fingers
Let Your Fingers Dance on the Keyboard | by Erez Morabia | Erez Morabia’s Blog
I know, the title is a bit melodramatic. I guess it has been a while since my last post. I see people every day that are fast thinkers, but are very slow when it comes to the keyboard. When I come to think of it, we don’t allocate enough time for practicing the tool we use the most, every single day — the keyboard. It doesn’t make sense to me. What do you think?
Touch typing is typing on the keyboard without using the sense of sight to find the keys (Wikipedia).
A Personal Note
I would start with a personal note. I was a software engineer for ~10 years before I discovered the power of touch typing. I wasn’t slow on my typing, and I was using both hands, but I kept looking at the keyboard while typing. Same keyboard, 8–12 hours a day, every day. And still, I kept looking at the keyboard for finding the keys.
One day I was moved to a new cubicle. My new neighbor was a touch-typing person. He was typing fast while looking at the screen, not at the keyboard. It was beautiful. After a couple of days I have decided to give it a try myself, so I have searched for a free touch typing site and practiced that for a couple of days. My fingers were in pain, but I kept going. After a couple of more days, it felt good — no pain and I actually started touch typing. It all took less than a week. I was so happy with my achievement.
There are many “flavors” of keyboard typing I have seen along the years:
- One hand, one finger, looking at the keyboard
- Two hands, one figure each, looking at the keyboard
- Two hands, a few fingers each, looking at the keyboard
- Two hands, all fingers, looking at the keyboard
- Two hands, all fingers, not looking at the keyboard (most of the time)
We are aiming to the last one.
Great Reasons for using Touch Typing
Here are a few things I have learnt from my experience:
- I wish I have done it earlier.
- You don’t need any special physical ability to be able to touch type.
- Anyone can touch-type fast, it is just a matter of practice.
I use touch typing for the last 12 years now. I feel there are 2 main things we can gain by touch typing:
- Our fingers are no longer a constraint for our brain. This means that we type fast enough for our thoughts to flow smoothly.
- We type digitally on the spot (as opposed to writing on a paper and later on copy it into the computer).
The faster you type, the more time you save. You can save couple of hours a week by typing faster. This is a simple math. I recommend to practice till you get at least to 45 WPM (Word Per Minute). There are many free sites out there for practicing touch typing. Who knows, you might win the touch typing championship one day.
The Next Challenge
If you are already fast with your touch typing, here is another challenge for you. I took it a step further and bought a BLANK keyboard (this is actually the keyboard name). No letters, no nothing, just black keys all over the place. This is a picture from my desk.
I use it for the past 6 month and it feels great, especially when you type full sentences (warning: it is a bit more challenging when typing passwords — I got locked out of my laptop couple of times).
The things we can gain from the blank keyboard:
- We learn the position of the difficult keys — symbols and such.
- We don’t move our sight to the keyboard because there is simply nothing down there that can help us. This forces us to really do touch typing.
- We get to the point where we let our fingers dance the on the keyboard, without thinking too much about it.
It’s up to You
Really, it is just a matter of a decision. Once you decide you want it enough, you can achieve it. It will take a week or so, but you will get there. Don’t be like the Sloth Trailer from the Zootopia movie… :)
Originally published at www.timeninjablog.com on May 6, 2016.
Finger Dancing on the App Store
- Finger Dancing Free is free version of Finger Dancing.
- Finger Dancing Free is the most music game and the only music rhythm game that you can play with your own music!
- See how fast your fingers can move on the dance floor! Rock out your finger dancing passion wherever you are.
- You can play with the preload songs or your local music files by your favorite artists.
- Start by first choosing a difficulty level.
- Play songs on your device!!!
- Once the game begins, tap the arrows at the bottom of the screen to the beat.
- Try this incredible game that will keep you entertained for a long time!
Version 2. 0
+ Performance improvement.
+ Compatible with iOS 12 and above.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tuyen Pham
- 97.2 MB
- Age Rating
- © CFF
- App Support
More By This Developer
You Might Also Like
learning, movements, dance song
Tik Tok finger dance is another way to make short videos. Bloggers make different figures to original music. It turns out beautiful and interesting. You can watch Tik Tok video with fingers here.
Unlike many others, Tik Tok finger tricks are based on simple movements. Anyone can learn dance. However, finger dancing like Tik Tok requires training. The following are recommended:
- Finger warm-up is required before each session. It is enough just to actively move them: clench into a fist and unclench several times, make a “fan”, etc. This will disperse the blood and allow you to perform the necessary movements faster and more accurately.
- Start a video where a blogger shows you how to do fingers. The first few times the clip can simply be watched to remember the approximate sequence of movements.
- Start repeating the challenge. Be prepared for the fact that you need to spend several tens of minutes on a short show of fingers lasting 15 seconds. And for high-quality performance - a few days or even weeks.
To quickly learn a new finger dance on TikTok, you can watch a two-minute training video, where the girl explains in detail, by movements, what she is doing.
Tik Tok finger dance song is chosen in such a way as to simplify the dance itself as much as possible. Each sound corresponds to its movement. Firstly, it looks beautiful, and secondly, Tik Tok finger dance music allows you to quickly remember the general sequence of all figures and turns, which speeds up the learning process.
How to make a duet video
Tik Tok users have a fashion for duet clips. You can also make such a video with any user on the social network. To do this, you need:
- Find the desired entry in Tik Tok. Including, you can choose the above video.
- On the video page, open the Share menu. The button is on the right side.
- Select "Duet" from the proposed list.
- The entry will be added to your new video page. On the right side is the finished clip, on the left is your recording.
It is best to repeat the movement of your fingers in Tik Tok in sync with the main clip. This video looks beautiful and quite original. In this case, it will be enough for you to simply synchronize all the movements, since the music will not let you go astray. The main thing is to learn the figures well from beginning to end.
A few facts about finger tut
A dance performed only with the hands is called finger tut. Let's tell you some interesting facts:
- Finger tut is already an established trend. It first appeared in the mid-80s of the last century. Homeland - USA, Los Angeles. There is also an alternative name - finger boxing. So this style was nicknamed in New York.
- Finger tut is an alternate creation of geometric shapes of regular and irregular shapes, but other patterns are allowed. The main condition is even corners, without smooth bends (as far as possible).
- FT is always based on rhythmic music, which the dancer can decompose into its component parts.
- All movements are sharp and dynamic. Professional dancers tend to use smooth transitions to "smooth out the corners".
- The forerunner of the finger tut is the tatting style. He also appeared in America, but already in the early 80s of the last century. The essence of tatting is to perform movements not only with the palms, but with the whole arm up to the elbow. The name tatting is a reference to the Egyptian pharaoh Tutankhamun and to all Egyptian painting, where people were often depicted with brushes curved at an angle.
- Finger tut requires good stretching. Professional dancers use the same training as pianists.
Finger has the concept of 4 "U's". The first two are Perseverance and Diligence. Together they can bring Skill, which in turn guarantees Success.
Tik Tok Finger Dance Challenge Music
TikTok is a platform that creates trends. They can be movements, pranks or popular sounds. The article will consider the popular dance with the hands. These movements are the fashion trend of the TikTok social network. Many popular bloggers have made dozens of videos in this format. A fresh movement using only the hands has gained popularity on TikTok recently. This article was created in order to tell Internet users more about the dance of the brushes.
- Facts about finger tut
- How to film a finger dance on TikTok?
Unlike finger tricks, TikTok moves can be learned by everyone, because the main thing in this business is training. In order for the user to compose his own dance with his hands, he is required to:
- Warm up the fingers. It should take 15 minutes. During the warm-up, a person can perform these exercises: clench your fingers into a fist, make a fan, pull your fingers, shake your hands. This will disperse the blood in the hands and make them more plastic.
- Watch a video where bloggers explain the process step by step. For starters, the user can simply listen to and understand the video. This is necessary in order to remember the sequence of hand positions.
- The next step is to repeat the challenge. The user needs to be prepared for the fact that everything will not work right away. In frequent cases, popular bloggers study dance for weeks in order to record a 15 second video.
It is important to say that in case of failure, the user does not need to give up. There are a lot of training videos on YouTube, and in the TikTok application itself, by watching which anyone can learn a trendy dance in an hour.
Finger tut facts
Finger tut is a dance performed with the hands. In order to understand its uniqueness, you need to refer to the following interesting facts:
- Finger tut is a dance direction that appeared in the 80s of the 20th century. The birthplace of dance is America. In New York, this dance was called - Finger boxin. At first, the dance was famous in Los Angeles.
- Finger tut is the creation of geometric shapes that differ from each other in shape. In the dance, the use of other patterns is allowed. Most importantly, the lines should be smooth and not have smooth bends.
- The basis of the dance is the music that sets the rhythm. It is easy to adapt to it and choose the right movements.
- The movements are sharp and dynamic. In rare cases, for smoothing sharpness, the dancer begins to use smooth transitions.
- Finger tut's predecessor - tatting. It is important to say that the name of the latter is a reference to the pharaoh - Tutankhamun and Egyptian culture. After all, many ancient Egyptian paintings depict people whose arms are bent at an angle. The essence of tatting is the execution of movements not only with the hands, but with the whole arm up to the elbow.
- To become a Finger tut pro, a person needs to do the same kind of stretching that pianists do.
As you can understand, Finger tut is a young dance direction that has gained popularity in a short period of time due to originality and user interest.
How to film a finger dance on TikTok?
Posting a video of a user performing a finger dance is easy. You need to follow this instruction:
- Download TikTok app via AppStore or PlayMarket.
- After you need to log in to the application.
- Click on the plus icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Find rhythmic music in the app's free library.
- Create a new material with a duration of 15 seconds.
- The next step is to save the video and come up with a unique description for it. Here you need to use hashtags. This helps promote the video.
- To enhance the video, it is recommended to use special effects and filters.
The publication of the video will not take the user more than 10 minutes. The process is easy and fast. The only requirement is that the Internet user must have a TikTok account.
In order to have an account on TikTok, the user must fill out a registration form, where you must specify your name and personal phone number.
There are special tracks for this dance. They can be found in the app. For this you need:
- Log in to the application.
- Find the Interesting tab.
- In the menu that opens, find the search string.
- Insert Finger tut into it.
- Select any song you like.
It is important to know that the popularity of the video will depend on the selected track. Therefore, when choosing a musical composition, one must take into account the popularity of the song, its dynamism and brightness. You should know that the track should complement the dance and help the performer remember the movements. Any dancer chooses music for himself, because if he chooses a song just because it is popular, a good dance will not work.