How many times derek won dancing with the stars
Dancing with the Stars most wins: Every pro who won Mirror Ball Trophy
Daniel Montgomery dan_something
- Reality TV
“Dancing with the Stars” premiered in 2005 with a focus on teaching celebrities some fancy footwork. But along the way the professional dancers who teach and partner with those celebrity amateurs became stars in their own right. Many of them returned to the show year after year, and over a dozen have won the coveted Mirror Ball Trophy over the course of the series. Scroll down to see every single “DWTS” pro champion, listed by their number of victories.
It’s fitting that the “DWTS” pros have become fan-favorites because they’re not just dancers. They’re also trainers, choreographers and storytellers, and their chemistry with the stars fuels the show’s best routines, so they’re truly the lifeblood of the competition, especially when they bring talent and charisma out of unexpected places, from child stars to race car drivers to one male model, Nyle DiMarco, who won the Mirror Ball Trophy despite being deaf: you need the steady hand of a pro more than ever when you can’t hear the music.
The first season aired during the summer of 2005, included just six couples, and lasted only six weeks until “General Hospital” actress Kelly Monaco was crowned the winner with her pro partner Alec Mazo, who competed in four more seasons of the show but didn’t win again. He was followed by Cheryl Burke, who became the show’s first two-time professional winner with her back-to-back victories in season two (with singer Drew Lachey) and season three (with football star Emmitt Smith).
But before long Derek Hough, arguably the biggest breakout star in the show’s history, eclipsed that total with six Mirror Ball Trophies, far more than any other pro before or since. Hough even continued that winning streak outside of the competition, winning a couple of Emmys for Best Choreography for routines that he created for “DWTS.” But he’s not the show’s only professional success story. See the full list below.1 Win
Season 25 with Jordan Fisher
Season 28 with Hannah Brown
Season 27 with Bobby Bones
Season 19 with Alfonso Ribeiro
Season 29 with Kaitlyn Bristowe
Season 18 with Meryl Davis
Season 15 with Melissa Rycroft
Season 26 with Adam Rippon
Season 30 with Iman Shumpert
Season 1 with Kelly Monaco
Season 24 with Rashad Jennings
Season 13 with J.R. Martinez
Season 6 with Kristi Yamaguchi
Season 8 with Shawn Johnson
Season 2 with Drew Lachey
Season 3 with Emmitt Smith
Season 20 with Rumer Willis
Season 23 with Laurie Hernandez
Season 4 with Apolo Anton Ohno
Season 5 with Helio Castroneves
Kym Johnson Herjavek
Season 9 with Donny Osmond
Season 12 with Hines Ward
Season 14 with Donald Driver
Season 22 with Nyle DiMarco
Season 7 with Brooke Burke
Season 10 with Nicole Scherzinger
Season 11 with Jennifer Grey
Season 16 with Kellie Pickler
Season 17 with Amber Riley
Season 21 with Bindi Irwin
'Dancing with the Stars': Who got hurt - ouch! - and had to quit?
How Many Mirrorball Trophies Has Derek Hough Won?
Dancing With the Stars is back and so is Emmy Award winner Derek Hough. This season, the pro dancer is taking a seat on the judges’ panel and lending his expertise to the cast of season 30. Given Hough’s experience in the ballroom, some Dancing With the Stars fans are curious about his wins from previous seasons. Find out how many Mirrorball Trophies Hough has to his name.Bindi Irwin & Derek Hough | Kelsey McNeal/Disney General Entertainment Content via Getty Images
Derek Hough’s partners on ‘Dancing With the Stars’
Hough has performed as a pro on Dancing With the Stars in 17 seasons, beginning with season 5. His first celebrity partner was Jennie Garth — they placed fourth in DWTS Season 5. Hough’s celebrity partners over the years include:
- Shannon Elizabeth (Season 6)
- Brooke Burke (Season 7)
- Lil’ Kim (Season 8)
- Joanna Krupa (Season 9)
- Nicole Scherzinger (Season 10)
- Jennifer Grey (Season 11)
- Ricki Lake (Season 13)
- Maria Menounos (Season 14)
- Shawn Johnson (Season 15)
- Kellie Pickler (Season 16)
- Amber Riley (Season 17)
- Amy Purdy (Season 18)
- Bethany Mota (Seaosn 19)
- Nastia Liukin (Season 20)
- Bindi Irwin (Season 21)
- Marlu Henner (Season 23)
Derek Hough has six Mirrorball Trophies from ‘DWTS’ wins
To date, Hough is the Dancing With the Stars pro with the most wins. He has won six Mirrorballs during his run with the show dancing with Burke, Scherzinger, Grey, Pickler, and Riley.
Hough’s most recent win was with Irwin in Season 21. Behind Hough, pros like his sister, Julianne, Cheryl Burke, Mark Ballas, Val Chmerkovskiy, Kym Johnson Herjavek, and Peta Murgatroyd have two Dancing With the Stars wins.
Now, Hough has taken a backseat to performing on the show. Instead, he has a seat at the judges’ panel this season alongside Carrie Ann Inaba, Len Goodman, and Bruno Tonioli.
Derek Hough is a judge and mentor on ‘DWTS’
Hough joined the judges panel in season 29, filling in for Len Goodman. Because of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Goodman was unable to travel back to the United States for filming.
In season 30, the Dancing With the Stars cast have four judges to impress, as Hough maintained his seat at the table and Goodman is back. Scoring is out of 40 this season instead of the usual 30 points. For Hough, there’s only one concern judging this season — having enough time to give feedback to the stars.
“I’m a little concerned about how much time we’ll have to talk,” Hough told ABC‘s New York affiliate. “Only because I already started with that last season…I have so much to say, and I have so many notes, but it’s live television so we just have to keep it concise.”
Will Derek Hough dance as a pro partner again on ‘Dancing With the Stars’?
It’s been seven seasons since Hough was partnered with a celebrity and involved in the DWTS competition. As such, many fans wonder about the possibility of his return as a pro partner.
As far as Hough’s future as a pro, it’ll take the right partner to get him back in the ballroom competitively. “Being a judge is cush,” Hough told Kelly Clarkson. “[But] I never say never. It would have to be the right partner. I’ve always said Celine Dion.”
RELATED: Celine Dion Reveals Whether She Will Date Again After Her Husband’s Death
If Dion ever joins the cast of Dancing With the Stars, fans can expect Hough’s return! For now, catch Hough as a judge in season 30 of DWTS airing Mondays at 8 PM EST on ABC. Fans can also see Hough live in his Las Vegas residency from Sept. 22 through Nov. 21.
Derek Hough - frwiki.wiki
For articles of the same name, see Hough.
Derek Hough (born in Salt Lake City, Utah) is a United States dancer, choreographer, actor, singer, and musician. He is best known as one of the dancers on Dancing with the Stars between and December 2016. Through participation in Dancing with the Stars , he also won an Emmy for Best Choreographer on 65 - th Emmy Awards ceremonies held in Los Angeles at .
- 1 Biography
- 2 Career
- 2. 1 Dance
- 2.2 Dancing with the Stars
- 2.3 Comedy
- 3 Privacy
- 4 Filmography
- 4.1 Cinema
- 4.2 Television
- 5 Notes and references
- 6 External links
Derek grew up in Sandy, a town in Salt Lake County. He has four sisters; Katherine, Mara Beth, Shari and Julianne. Her paternal grandparents, Colleen and Bob Hough, were professional dancers, while her maternal grandparents were also dancers. Her parents, Marianne Nelson and Bruce Hough, met at the University of Idaho prom. He is the cousin of Ross Lynch.
When Derek was 12, his parents sent him to London to study with choreographers Shirley and Corky Ballas. A few months later, his younger sister Julianna joined him. When he was supposed to stay in London for just a year, Derek decides to stay there for ten years, while Julianne stayed for five years. Shirley and Corky Ballas were his teachers and choreographers; This is how he grew up with their son Mark Ballas. Derek, Mark and Julianna started a group called 2B1G (2 boys, 1 girl) and competed together in several dance competitions in England and the USA.
Derek studied at the Italia Conti Theater Academy in London. He was previously part of the dance troupe Chitty Chitty Bang Bang at the London Palladium. Derek is a former World Latin Dance Champion at the IDSF World Youth Latin Dance Championships (2002) with Aneta Piotrowska, a Polish dancer. He then received the Dancer of the Year award as well as the New York Dance Alliance's Outstanding Dance award. He is one of the panelists of Bruno Tonioli on DanceX , which aired its first episode on . Through Bruno Tonioli, Derek met Cheryl Cole and starred in her video " Parachute ".
At Derek announced that he had worked with world champion dancers Meryl Davis and Charlie White. Of the experience, Derek said, “I started working on a very special routine that is not for Dancing with the Stars . Now I am preparing the choreography of the world champions Meryl Davis and Charlie White for the Olympic Games next year. I was very kindly asked to do this, how could I refuse? It's a great honor and they are amazing. ".
Dancing With The Stars
- On September 27, 2007, at the launch of the fifth issue, he teamed up with actress Jennie Garth. She played Kelly Taylor for ten years in the series Beverly Hills and its spin-offs Melrose Place and . She was married to actor Peter Facinelli, they announced their divorce in March 2012. The adventure ends on November 20, 2007, one week before the final, which will crown Hélio Castroneves, and nine weeks of competition.
- On March 17, 2008, he competed against actress Shannon Elizabeth. She notably appeared in American Pie and Scary Movie . After eight weeks of play, the couple is eliminated by the public on April 29, 2008, three weeks before the final to be crowned by Christy Yamaguchi.
- September 22, 2008 in season 7 he will dance with host Brooke Burke. She is also known to have posed nude for Playboy magazine and is partnered with David Charvet. In the final on November 25, 2008, they won the competition for the first time.
- On March 9, 2009, the eighth episode begins, in which he will share the competition with rapper Lil 'Kim. She won a Grammy Award and was on the jury to select the new Pussycat Dolls. Two weeks before the end of the game, on May 5, 2009, they are eliminated. It will be Shawn Johnson who will win the game along with Mark Ballas.
- September 21, 2009 it is with model Joanna Krupa that he will dance in the ninth season. She is an actress and also participated in a song play on ABC with fellow contestant David Charvet. As with Jenny, they were eliminated a week after the final on November 17, 2009of the year.
- On March 22, 2010, the tenth issue opens with singer Nicole Scherzinger. She is the lead singer of the Pussycat Dolls and a girlfriend of Lewis Hamilton. Less than two years after his first win, they won the adventure for the second time.
- On September 20, 2010, at the launch of the eleventh issue, his teammate was actress Jennifer Grey. She is known for starring in Dirty Dancing and being nominated for a Golden Globe. Just five months after his second win, he won the trophy alongside Jennifer. Thus, he has three wins (including two in a row).
- On September 19, 2011, he returned to the show for its thirteenth episode with actress and television presenter Ricki Lake.
- On March 19, 2012, he partnered with presenter, actress, singer, dancer and model Maria Menounos during the fourteenth edition.
- On September 24, 2012, in Season 15, , , she was partnered with Season 8 winner Shawn Johnson. On November 27, they made it to the finals and were runners-up to Melissa Rycroft (Season 8 finalist).
- On March 18, 2013, country singer Kelly Pickler became her partner in "Issue Sixteen". On March 21, 2013, they won the competition. This is the fourth time he has won after 7, 10 and 11 seasons.
- On November 26, 2013, his seventeenth episode will be partnered by Amber Riley, who gained recognition for her role as Mercedes Jones in the drama series Glee . On November 26, 2013, he again won the Dancing with the Stars with his partner. This is the second time he has won a season twice in a row (Pickler and Riley), after 2010 with Scherzinger and Gray. Does 5 e crown him in this show (seasons 7, 10, 11, 16 and 17).
- From March 17 to May 20, 2014 he competes with Amy Purdy. In the final, they will be runners-up to Meryl Davis.
- In this new season, his sister Julianne Hough becomes 4- m official juror. His partner is YouTube personality Bethany Mota. The show will begin on September 15, 2014. They will fly out at the gates of the final on November 24, 2014. Alfonso Ribeiro wins this season.
- March 16, 2015, in the 20th season, which marks the 10th anniversary of the show, Olympic champion gymnast Nastya Liukina will become his partner. His cousin, Riker Lynch, a member of the R5, is also among the candidates this season.
- In the 21- m season of Dancing with the Stars he partnered with Australian actress Bindi Irvine. On November 24, 2015, they won the competition. Does 6 e crown him in this show (seasons 7, 10, 11, 16, 17 and 21).
- For 23 - th season, he collaborates with Celebrity Apprentice actress and writer, Marilu Henner.
|Season||Partner||Occupation||Square||Average (out of 30)|
|5||Jennie Garth||Actress ( Beverly Hills,)||4 Thu||25.7|
|6||Shannon Elizabeth||Actress ( American Pie )||6 Thu||24.5|
|7||Brooke Burke||TV presenter||1- th||27.1|
|8||little kim||Rapper||5 Thu||25. 8|
|9||Joanna Krupa||Mannequin||4 Thu||25.5|
|10||Nicole Scherzinger||Singer ( Pussycat Dolls )||1- th||27.5|
|11||Jennifer Gray||Actress ( Dirty Dancing )||1- th||27.2|
|13||Lake Riki||Television presenter and actress||3- th||26.7|
|14||Maria Menounos||Actress, journalist and television presenter||5 Thu||26. 8|
|15||Sean Johnson||Professional gymnast||2- th||27.9|
|16||Kelly Pickler||Singer who participated in American Idol 5||1- th||27.3|
|17||Amber Riley||Actress in particular in Glee||1- th||27.8|
|18||amy perdy||Paralympic snowboarder and actress||2- th||27.9|
|19||Bethany Mota||YouTube Personality||4 Thu||27. 22|
|20||Nastya Liukina||Olympic Gymnastics Champion||4 Thu||27.45|
|21 years old||Bindi Irvine||Australian actress||1- th||27.9|
|23||Marilu Henner||Actress and writer||6 Thu||23.8|
- Note: in the 19th season the jury consists of 4 people. Thus, the average values are adjusted by more than 30 points.
In 2011 Derek Hough did not take part in the season of Dancing with the Stars, to star in Make Your Move 3D (in) (Director Duane Adler (in) , screenwriter of Save the Last Dance and " Sexy Dance"). ) next to K-Pop star BoA. The film was released on October 17, 2013 in Hong Kong, and on July 24, 2013 in Belgium and in France 1 - th April 2015 it was announced in the spring of 2014 in the United States. In 2014, he became a regular cast member on the American television series Nashville (season 3: episodes 3, 5 and 6) created by Callie Howry.
Derek was in a relationship with British actress India de Beaufort from 2000 to 2008 . AT , Derek leaves India to hang out with actress Shannon Elizabeth, whom he dated until .
On , Derek revealed that he was in a relationship with British singer Cheryl Cole from to .
From August to October 2013, Derek was in a relationship with Nina Dobrev.
He is currently in a relationship with Haley Erbert.
- 2001: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Chris Columbus: Student
- 2012: Rock Forever ( Rock of Ages ) Adam Shankman: dancer
- 2013: Make Your Move: Un pas vers toi ( Make Your Move ) Duane Adler: Donnie
- 2007 - 2016: Dancing with the Stars : myself (professional partner)
- 2011: Better with you (TV series): Philip (1 episode)
- 2014 - 2016: Nashville (TV series): Noah West (recurring)
- 2016 : Maiden Jane (TV Series): Salsa Dancer (1 episode)
- 2016 : Hairspray Live! (TV): Roots Collins
- from 2017 : World of Dance (TV Series / Competition): Himself (Judge)
- 2018: Running Wild with Bear Grylls : himself (guest member)
- 2020: Disney Family Sings: Himself (dance on Be Our Guest (song))
Notes and links
- ↑ Sibling rivalry: Siblings compete to win Dancing with the Stars
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ DanceX
- ↑ and b Derek Hough, " Dancing Derek Hough: 'The Dancing Team in Terrible '", on TV Guide, CBS Interactive Inc. , (accessed May 17, 2014)
- ↑ Davis, White Mine, Middle East, for a new free dance
- ↑ "Release Information". IMDb.com. (as of November 28, 2013)
- ↑ ugc.be, Make Your Move (accessed 28 November 2013)
- ↑ Allociné, Make Your Move (accessed 28 November 2013)
- ↑ (us) Make your move in 3D (ru)
- ↑ 
- ↑ a and b 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ " Nina Dobrev and Derek Hough split after 6 weeks of dating ", E! News , ( read online consultation June 22, 2018 )
Dancing With The Stars
|Seasons||1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28|
|Leading||Tom Bergeron (1-15) Lisa Canning (1) Samantha Harris (2-9) Brooke Burke Charvet (10-17) Erin Andrews (18 to date) Sub: Drew Laci (5, Samata Harris ) Kim Johnson Herjawek (23, Erin Andrews )|
|sworn||Carrie Ann Inaba (1 today) Len Goodman (1-20, 22-present) Bruno Tonioli (1 today) Julianne Hough (7-21, 23-24)|
|Winners||Kelly Monaco Drew Lachey (coming out) Emmitt Smith Apolo Ono Helio Castroneves Christy Yamaguchi Brooke Burke Sean Johnson Donny Osmond Nicole Scherzinger Jennifer Gray Hines Ward Martinez Jr. (c) Donald Driver Melissa Rycroft (in) · Kelly Pickler · Amber Riley · Meryl Davis · Alphonso Ribeiro · Rumer Willis · Bindi Irwin · Niall DiMarco · Lauren Hernandez · Rashad Jennings · Jordan Fisher · Adam Rippon · Bobby Bones (in) · Hannah Brown (en)|
|Second||John O'Hurley · Jerry Rice · Mario Lopez · Joey Fatone (coming out) · Melanie Brown · Jason Taylor · Warren Sapp · Gilles Marini · Maya · Evan Lysacek · Kyle Massey · Kirsty Alley · Rob Kardashian · Katherine Jenkins · Shawn Johnson · Zendaya Coleman Corbin Blue Amy Purdy Sadie Robertson (in) Riker Lynch (in) Nick Carter Paige Vanzant James Hinchcliffe David Ross Lindsey Stirling Josh Norman Milo Manheim Kel Mitchell|
|Third||Joey McIntyre · Keibler · Joseph Lawrence · Lila Ali · Marie Osmond · Cristián de la Fuente · Lance Bass · Melissa Rycroft (c) · Kelly Osbourne · Erin Andrews · Bristol Palin (c) · Chelsea Kane · Ricky Lake · William Levy · Kelly Monaco · Jacoby Jones · Jack Osbourne · Candice Cameron Bure · Janel Parrish · Noah Galloway · Alexander Scarlatos · Ginger Z · Calvin Johnson · Normani · Frankie Muniz · Tonya Harding · Evanna Lynch · Ellie Brooke|
|Around||Dances with stars|
What is Derek Hough doing now? – celebrity.fm
What is Derek Hough doing now? Hough is expected to return as a judge on season 31 of Dancing with the Stars after four seasons on NBC's World of Dance along with Jennifer Lopez and Ne-Yo.
Also, did JoJo Siwa win in Dancing with the Stars?
It all came down to Jojo Siwa and Iman Shumpert. On the 30th season finale of Dancing with the Stars, host Tyra Banks crowned a new champion. In a staggering upset, "underdog" Iman was named the new DWTS winner. This meant that JoJo took second place.
Then how are Derek and Julianne Hough related?
Her parents are Bruce and Marianne Hough; her father was twice chairman of the Republican Party of Utah. Her brother Derek Hough is also a professional dancer. She also has three older sisters: Shari, Marabeth and Katherine. All four of Hough's grandparents were dancers.
So Julianne Hough still dances? Julianne Hough will return to the Dancing with the Stars ballroom as a special guest judge for the Season 30 finale. The professional dancer and choreographer will be the fourth jury member as her brother Derek Hough remains in quarantine.
Derek Hough still married? Despite rumors, the couple is yet to be engaged. But after years of being on stage together, Hailey and Derek are now living together in California, where Derek says they've spent the entire duration of the pandemic.
JoJo Siwa won Dancing with the Stars 2021?
Many predicted the victory of Siwa and Johnson Chmerkovskiy, but Siva does not detract from how much effort it took to reach the final and take second place. “Out of 15 incredible couples, each talented in their own way, we came in second,” Siwa says enthusiastically.
Who won Dancing with the Stars 2021, Jojo Siwa?
Former Georgia Tech and NBA basketball player Iman Shumpert won the mirror ball prize on Dancing with the Stars on Monday night by defeating YouTube star Jojo Siwa. He is the first Atlantean to win the competition in 30 seasons and the first NBA star to reach the Finals.
Has Val ever won on Dancing with the Stars?
Valentin Alexandrovich "Val" Chmerkovsky (Ukrainian Valentin Oleksandrovich "Val" Chmerkovsky; born March 24, 1986) is a Ukrainian-American professional dancer best known for his performances in the American version of Dancing with the Stars, which he won twice.
Did Julianne Hough and Kenny Wormald meet?
“All this is completely untrue,” Hough's publicist tells PEOPLE magazine about the rumors.
How much does Julianne Hough weigh?
Julianne Hough 5'3 approx. up to 160 cm and weight 54 kg approx. up to 119pounds.
Hailey and Derek engaged?
Derek Hough and Hailey Erbert of Dancing with the Stars are engaged and will have two children in 2022.
Eric Hough married?
From 2017 to 2020, Hough served as a judge on the NBC dance competition series World of Dance.
|occupation||Dancer choreographer actor singer|
|Active years||2001 present|
|Partner(s)||Hailey Erbert (2015-present)|
|Relatives||Julianne Hough (sister)|
Derek Hough in a relationship?
DWTS Judge Derek Hough reveals milestone in relationship with girlfriend Hayley Erbert - EXCLUSIVE | HEY!
Why is JoJo Siwa dancing with a woman?
JoJo Siwa told the producers of DWTS that she was more comfortable dancing "with a girl".
Will DWTS return in 2021?
DWTS Season 30 premiered on September 20, 2021. ABC has announced a July 15 premiere date as part of the network's overall fall lineup.
Who won Dancing with the Stars in Fall 2021?
Dancing with the Stars 2021 winner: Iman Shumpert and Daniella Karagach won the 30th season. Iman Shumpert and Daniella Karagach officially became the winners of Dancing with the Stars.
Who is Derek Hough married to?
From 2007 to 2016, Hough was a professional dancer in the ABC dance competition Strictly Come Dancing, winning the show six times in record fashion with his celebrity partners.
|Partner(s)||Hailey Erbert (2015-present)|
|Relatives||Julianne Hough (sister)|
Are Val and Jenna still married in 2021?
From the dance floor to "Yes!" Jenna Johnson and Val Chmerkovskiy started out as co-stars on Dancing with the Stars but became a happily married couple in real life. The pair first crossed paths in 2014 when a So You Think You Can Dance alum became a member of the DWTS troupe.
Who is Kenny Wormald married to?
Kenneth Edgar Wormald (born July 27, 1984) is an American dancer, reality television star, and actor. To date, his most famous role is perhaps that of Wren McCormack in the remake of the 2011 film Loose.
|Spouse(s)||Daniela DeSilva (2014-2015)|
Did Kenny Wormald dance in Footloose himself?
Kenny Wormald had to use a dance double in the Loose remake because of the "death stunts".
How old is the girl in Footloose?
Hough is 23 and plays an 18-year-old girl as if she were in her early 30s, bringing a touch of seriousness, fatigue, desperate recklessness and even self-loathing. Somehow it works."
What does Haley Erbert do for a living?
Hailey is also a trained dancer.
Hailey has performed at countless awards and films, dancing alongside stars such as Pitbull, Carrie Underwood and Paula Abdul.