How to make a dancing dragon
A Dancing Dragon Craft for Chinese New Year – Hodge Podge
20-30 minutes Chinese New Year free Make with kids older kids / adults Paper Craft pennies young kids
Hodge Podge 10 Comments card, Chinese New Year, Dragon, free printable, paper crafts, paper plate
An easy paper craft to celebrate Chinese New Year, including a free printable.
This dancing paper dragon is a fun way to learn about Chinese New Year (which falls this year at the end of January).
The folded paper plate rocking base means that it doubles as a card, so you could send it to a friend with a message inside.
– a paper plate, or thick card circle (you can use this template)
– coloured paper (traditionally red)
– a black pen
– googly eyes (optional)
– a pipe-cleaner (optional)
– this free printable dragon template and this one too
– stickers and /or glitter (optional)
AGE: young children and up
TIME: 20-30 minutes
- Fold your paper plate (or card circle) in half to form the rocking (or ‘dancing’) base
- Print your 2 dragons (left and right-facing) on to the coloured card
- Cut carefully around the dragons (I found this easiest to do both at the same time)
- Decorate your dragon with scales, stickers, glitter, or anything else you like
- Stick your dragons to the rocking base (one on each side) and to each other at the top (head and back – see photo above for guidance)
- OPTIONAL: add googly eyes
- OPTIONAL: add a pipe-cleaner moustache by making a hole in the dragon’s nostril and threading the pipe-cleaner through, then folding in half at the midpoint and shaping the rest into a curl/spiral.
- Check that your dragon ‘dances’ (i.e. it rocks back and forth nicely. If it is too front-heavy (which it may be with the added weight of the pipe-cleaner), simply tape a penny inside the rocking base at the tail end. It should now ‘dance’ properly.
More Chinese New Year crafts from some of my favourite bloggers:
The Gingerbread House’s tealight holder
Me and My Shadow’s junk modelling firecracker decoration
Domestic Goddesque’s candy cane horses
Kids’ Chaos’ shadow puppets
PeaklePie’s paper plate horse and Chinese fans
Makie Do’s dragon puppets
Pink Oddy’s toilet roll horse
Crystal’s Tiny Treasures’ felt horse finger puppets
Evans-Crittens’ lucky red money envelopes
Jennifer’s Little World’s loo roll dragon puppets
(Visited 1,589 times, 1 visits today)
Chinese New Year Dancing Dragon Craft for KidsJump to How-To
This easy Chinese New Year dancing dragon craft is perfect for Chinese New Year activities / Lunar New Year ideas. Instead of a DIY Chinese dragon costume, learn how to make a Chinese puppet dancing dragon craft using supplies you may have around your house so your child can make this DIY craft at home! FILE UNDER: Fun dragon crafts for kids!Chinese New Year Dancing Dragon Craft
If you’ve been wondering how to make a giant Chinese dragon puppet at home or dancing dragon, look no further! This is a fun Lunar New Year craft or if you’re looking about Chinese traditions and holidays. It’s a great dancing dragon prop to use (moving/dancing back and forth with your movements) when you’re learning about Chinese New Year celebrations! Remember: The longer the dragon dances the more good luck you have in the new year!
How do you make an easy Chinese New Year dragon?
Chinese New Year Crafts Dragon Supplies
For this DIY Dancing Dragon Chinese New Year Craft, you’ll need:
- Recycled packing pillows
- Red acrylic paint
- Red tissue paper
- White construction paper
- Yellow construction paper
- Red construction paper
- Wide ribbon (optional, to make handles underneath)
- Markers or crayons
- Paint brush
- Glue stick or glue
- Hot glue gun and glue
(Don’t miss the full Chinese New Year dancing dragon craft instructions below. We’ll walk you through how to make a DIY Chinese dragon!)
I love this craft because it’s perfect for a wide range of ages — Chinese dragon craft preschool / kindergarten, toddlers, elementary and up! Definitely add it to your Chinese lessons or Chinese New Years crafts!
How do you make a dragon at home?
We made this easy Chinese dragon one year for our Chinese New Year studies (check it out and get a Chinese New Year Free printable!) using some things we had around our house: recycled packing materials, paint, and craft paper.
And, it’s a step up from how to make a Chinese dragon out of paper! So much more fun because it moves and dances with you and feels more like how to make a dragon puppet (maybe more like a Chinese dragon accordion craft!)! It’s one of the most fun Chinese dragon craft ideas I’ve seen!
Years later, this giant Chinese dragon puppet is STILL is one of my daughter’s favorite crafts that we’ve ever made! Your kids will have fun becoming their own Chinese dragon dancers!
(More Chinese study ideas: We also made Chinese dumplings and fortune cookies, which we learned aren’t Chinese food at all!)
Before we get to this DIY dragon Chinese New Year craft activity for kids / how to make a Chinese dragon craft, these Chinese New Year facts may help your kids understand a little better if they’re unfamiliar with the holiday.
What is Chinese New Year?
Chinese New Year, also called Lunar New Year and Spring Festival, is a festival to celebrate the new year in Asian cultures, but is celebrated around the world. The Chinese New Year is based on the new moon, which happens between January and February, and lasts 15 days.
What does the Chinese New Year dragon symbolize?
The Chinese dragon meaning symbolizes good luck. The longer a dragon stays in the dance, parade or festival, the more good luck is thought to bring to the community. The dragon also symbolizes power, wealth, and wisdom.
MORE FUN FOR LUNAR NEW YEAR:
Best Chinese New Year Picture Books (Celebrating Lunar New Year with Kids)
Why is the dragon important to Chinese New Year?
Dragons are an important part of Chinese New Year. Since the dragon is believed to bring good luck, you will always see a long Chinese dragon dance being performed during festivals in China culture.
Colors for traditional Chinese dragons include:
- Red for power and excitement.
- Green for harvest.
- Yellow for respect for the empire.
- Gold or silver for prosperity.
You can try to incorporate these colors into your own dragon craft activity if you like!
OK! On to the activity with dragon art for kids and Chinese dragon puppet craft!
How To Make A Dragon For Chinese New Year: Easy Chinese Dragon Craft Tips
Before we get to the project, I want to give you a couple of tips for this Chinese dragon art craft:
TIP: Making the Chinese Dragon Body
For the Chinese dragon body, we used packing pillows (“air cushioning”) that we already had around the house from my husband’s work shipments (which made it into a recycled dancing dragon puppet!).
You will need the packing pillows that come in a single layer and are attached together. (You can pull them apart based on how long you want your dragon to be.)
If you don’t have these packing/shipping pillows at your house, you can purchase them (they’re inexpensive) online or at a local office supply store.
If you’re doing this as a Chinese New Year group craft, you can actually get the packing pillows in a roll for multiple DIY crafts.
TIP: Painting on Plastic for a DIY Chinese Dancing Dragon
For our dragon, we used our normal Crayola Acrylic Paint to use a brush on paint for plastic. (You can see in the pictures it covered adequately, but not completely).
Also, there is some down time for the paint to dry (I’ve included that dry time in the craft time below), so be aware of that. We used that time to learn more about the Chinese New Year celebrations and read books about Chinese New Year and Chinese New year dragons (see the list after the craft project).
If you have little ones (or want to speed up the process for a group craft project), you may want to paint the dragon’s body ahead of time with a craft paint for plastic like this paint for Plastic and let it dry before decorating your dragon.
Also, don’t get too worried about having a Chinese dragon craft template! It’s fun to see how everyone’s project turns out a little different (and gives your DIY dragon their own personality!), especially when you’re using it as a Chinese dragon dance craft and dancing around with it!
How To Make an Easy Chinese Dragon Craft
Prep Time 30 minutes
Active Time 45 minutes
Additional Time 30 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 45 minutes
- Packing Pillows (we used 3 large, attached packing pillows, but you can use small pillows also in any number you want)
- Red acrylic paint (or plastic spray paint)
- Red tissue paper
- Red streamers
- Construction paper in the following colors: white, yellow, red
- Wide ribbon (optional, to make handles underneath)
- Paint brush
- Markers or crayons
- Glue stick or glue
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Measure a length of packing air pillows as long as you want your dragon to be (we used three large air pillows) and cut them from the roll. BE SURE TO LEAVE THEM ATTACHED TO EACH OTHER FOR THE BODY. This will be the dragon's body.
- Paint the top and bottom of the air pillows with red paint. Allow to dry for at least 30 minutes (or until dry to touch).
- FOR THE EYES: While paint is drying, cut two large ovals out of the white construction paper for eyes. Using markers or crayons, draw pupils on each of the ovals. (You can see my daughter made our dragon have crazy eyes.) If you want your dragon's eyes to have "eyelashes," cut then out of the black or yellow construction paper. Glue then to the (back) of the top of the eyes. Set aside to dry.
- FOR THE DRAGON MOUTH/SNOUT: Place two pieces of red construction paper on top of each other and turn them so they are horizontal. Cut around the outside edges so that the paper is more of a large oval shaped. At the bottom of the horizontal pages, cut a small notch so that the mouth and snout dent in a little. (see picture) Set aside. (My daughter decided she wanted to draw nostrils, as you can see in the picture, but you don't have to.)
- FOR THE TONGUE FLAME: Turn a yellow piece of paper so that it is horizontal. Starting from the bottom middle, cut up and then make three flame tips (see picture). This will be pasted inside the mouth, so you want it about half as wide as the mouth. Repeat the process with the red construction paper, making it much smaller than the yellow one. Then make another yellow one, that is smaller than the red one. Using a glue stick, glue the small yellow flame on top of the small red "flame." Then Glue those onto the large red flame. Set aside to dry.
- FOR THE TEETH: Cut three long, skinny triangles out of the white construction paper. Set aside.
- TO ASSEMBLE THE MOUTH: Line the straight edge of the "Flames" with the back of the bottom of the mouth (away from the notch). Use the glue stick to glue just the straight edge at the back of the mouth (leave the pointy ends of the flames sticking up). Glue the edge of the top of the mouth onto the bottom of the mouth, leaving the front open.
- Take the eyes and carefully fold a small portion of the bottoms of the eyes. This will create a "tab" to glue onto the face. With the glue stick, place glue on the bottom of the eye "tab" you just folded. In the middle of the top mouth (at the back), press the eyes down and hold them until they dry. (SEE PICTURE FOR PLACEMENT)
- Now, glue the white triangle "teeth" onto the inside of the mouth. We glued two on the top front edges and one in the middle (edge) on the bottom.
- Once the painted body of the dragon is dry, take the red tissue paper and measure one piece against the width of one of the air pillows. Cut the tissue paper's width to match the width of the pillows. CAREFULLY USING THE HOT GLUE GUN AND NOT TOUCHING THE PLASTIC AIR PILLOWS WITH THE GLUE GUN TIP (WE RECOMMENDED PARENTS DOING THIS), place a line of hot glue along the edge (width) of one of the air pillow sides. Immediately place the tissue paper edge on the glue and let dry. Repeat this process with each individual air pillow.
- Once each tissue paper section has dried, cut 6-8 streamer sections, starting from the bottom and cutting up toward the dragon's body and stopping about 2 inches before you get to the body. Cut the streamers for each tissue paper section. This is what will give your dragon movement when dancing around with it.
- ATTACH THE HEAD: On the bottom of the mouth (at the back), place a line of hot glue. CAREFULLY press the head onto the front of one end of the air pillows. Allow to dry completely.
- OPTIONAL STEP: If you want to make it easier for the kids to hold the dragon while dancing around with it, you can use the hot glue to glue a ribbon handle on the bottom (tummy) of the dragon--one at the front and one at the back.
Children’s Books for Chinese New Year
Dragon Dance: A Chinese New Year Lift-the-Flap Children’s Book
We love this book, especially with this easy Chinese dragon craft puppet that you can dance around with!
Dragon Dance: A Chinese New Year Lift-the-Flap Book is a children’s book by Joan Holub and illustrated by Benrei Huang.
This fun children’s book, in lift-the-flap format, takes you through different customs of Chinese New Year (Spring Festival) including, the dragon dance in the parade, the significance of red envelopes, shopping for flowers, and the different foods during New Year’s dinner.
Listed Age Range: 2-5 years (but we still read this book every year!)
You may also like these other Chinese New Year kids’ books:
We’d love to see pictures of your Chinese New Year dancing dragon craft when you’re done!
LOOKING FOR FUN COOKING PRINTABLES FOR KIDS?
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please refer to our DISCLOSURE.
National Dances of China--China.org.cn
Han Chinese make up approximately 93.3% of the total population of China. Since ancient times, Han Chinese dances have been distinguished by their richness and variety of forms and styles.
SPRING FESTIVAL DANCES
The Chinese Spring Festival - New Year's Day according to the agricultural calendar is the most important traditional holiday of the Han people. Many types of dances are dedicated to this holiday, the most common and also the most beloved are the DRAGON DANCE, LION DANCE and YANGE.
The dance of the lion is usually performed by two, the front dancer holding the head of the beast in his hands, the legs represent the front paws of the lion, the other dancer represents the body and hind legs of the lion. The body of the "lion" is covered with a shaggy golden fabric. Both dancers must work very well in order to successfully imitate the movements of the beast. Sometimes the lion dance includes a playful and cute lion cub performed by one dancer. The lion dance involves a warrior who holds a colorful ball and teases with it the “lion”, who jumps, bends and “plays with the ball”, as it were. The whole dance takes place under the thunder of drums, gongs and other percussion instruments creating a cheerful festive mood.
The lion dance is performed in a different manner. In one case, the “lion” stands on the ball, jumps, runs, “stands on its hind legs”, in a word, does acrobatic tricks designed to show the power and flexibility of the beast. In another, the "lion" scratches, licks its fur, rolls on the ground, shakes its mane, showing an affectionate and playful character.
The dance of the lion requires strength and endurance from the dancers, and in addition, the skills of traditional Wushu gymnastics, in order to show the strength and grace of the beast in its entirety, he must be able to do somersaults, jumps, somersaults.
(China.org.cn Internet Information Center) 12/13/2005
Read online “Dancing for the Dragon.Heaven on Fire”, Marina Eldenbert – LitRes
How can I help the dragon?
Okay, correction: how can I help irthan when people in our world have little more rights than a bar stool in a fast food restaurant?
“I am listening to you attentively,” she said, looking into her sister’s eyes.
- According to the law, a person who has suffered from the actions of an irthan is entitled to compensation from the society of irthans for moral damage. In your case, it is expressed in a rather serious monetary equivalent, since you could have lost your life.
Now I felt that my eyebrows were creeping up somewhere in the area of hair tied into a ponytail. Not on the back of the head, but close to that, along with the eyes.
It would be necessary to untie the tail, or something. And then it is so tightly tied that I manage not to want to sleep even at six in the morning.
- How serious?
Leona named the amount, and I realized that I could not work for the next couple of years. Given the fact that I will not think about where to spend the money. Generally.
- So I can hire a hitman for someone who has to put on Grow taerran?
Now Leona's eyebrows have risen.
“Sorry,” I said. “I haven’t slept for more than a day and I was wildly nervous.
- In exchange for monetary compensation, you can turn to the Council with any request. In particular, ask for a mitigation of punishment. This law is internal, and it is not particularly covered. Leona lowered her voice a little. “But you have that right.
I suppressed the urge to throw myself on her neck.
Yes, literally rush, because now there are no other feelings left in me.
- I want to address the Council. Right now.
- It won't work now. The sister smiled. - Since Grow has dual citizenship, this issue will be decided by a separate Council. Of course, if he voluntarily refuses to leave.
He will refuse, for some reason I thought.
He will refuse, because he is filming the story of Ilerra, and he definitely will not refuse it. I don’t know why, now this thought stung with some kind of wild unnatural jealousy.
Need more sleep, huh.
- Just like the fate of Melora.
- That is?
– The trial of Mestrel Yarlis will take place separately.
– Wait, what did we have now?
- Preliminary proceedings. Sentencing at this level never happens on the same day.
- So I will have to somehow get to the sentencing?
- You can be present at the sentencing of Yarlis as the injured party. As for the Grove hearing... I think we'll just merge them. Because they won't let you in separately.
The main thing is that I can apply to the Council with a request, the rest is details.
“I have to go back,” Leona said. - The meeting is almost over, another half an hour - and we will be free. Let's go home.
- So how do you go home?
- You wanted to go back to Mayston.
- Actually, no. I said that I'm not sure if I want to continue acting. - I looked at my sister carefully.
- And? She returned her gaze to me.
- I'm staying.
Ready to listen to a lot of interesting things, she tensed inwardly, but, to my great amazement, Leona simply smiled.
- I'm glad.
That's the only thing I've had enough for now.
- I'm really glad, Tanni. Perhaps I behaved somewhat expressively when I found out about everything ...
- A few?
- Once I myself was in such a situation. She chewed her lips and gave me a quick glance.
- Yes. There was a moment when I thought that I would have to choose between my family and the stage. More precisely, between Raynar and the stage. Leona looked at me much more intently. - And I almost gave up the second one, because our relationship was very important to me. This decision was probably the most difficult for me, but then I saw my colleagues and realized that I simply could not leave. I can't let them down, even if it means…” She trailed off as if searching for her words. “Sorry for making you think the same. I'm just crazy worried about you, Tunny. Perhaps I was not the best sister because I was desperately trying to replace your mother, and ... now too. It always seems to me that we have become too far away, because we live in different worlds. I'm sorry I didn't say this sooner, but...
- I had the best mother in the world. - I stepped towards her. - And now I have the best sister in the world. I'm also sorry I didn't say that sooner.
Leona took the second step and hugged me tightly. So tight that it took my breath away, in these embraces there was no impetuous rush, as then, in the ward, and such crazy feelings, but there was something much more.
Confidence that I will never again choke on stupid childhood insults simply because she is an Irthaness and I am a human, because we live in worlds that touch only tangentially, and because her world will never accept me.
We are just a family.
So what do I care about the others?
We pulled away at the same time, but there was no awkwardness in this gesture.
- I really need to get back. The sister nodded towards the meeting room. “I’ll ask Raynar to call an escort for you.”
She nodded in agreement.
Stop… What other accompaniment?!
Before I could voice my question, a siren wailed. Screwing herself into consciousness, she fell a little quiet only for a mechanical voice to break through her: “Emergency. Zero code.
Leona's eyes widened, and hurried footsteps, if not clatter, came from the direction of the corridor.
– Mestra Halloran…
– I know. She interrupted the waltzguard with a gesture. - Escort my sister to the hotel where the film crew has moved. You answer like me.
The First Lady's bodyguards lined up, and I intercepted my sister a moment before she could hide in the corridor.
– Leona! What does "code zero" mean?
- Plaque. She withdrew her hand and looked at me for a moment. - Multiple. Countrywide.
Yes, that certainly explained a lot. In particular, the fact that my sister rushed off in a whirlwind towards the meeting room, and I was almost kicked to the exit. That is, not with kicks, of course, but very politely and popularly, they sped up, holding each other, and in order not to turn into a waltzguard ponytail (one for two), I had to adapt to their fast drill step.
The corridor ended with elevators, elevators with a hall, the hall extended with another corridor, and now I’m already breathing fresh morning air and covering my eyes with my hand, because the sun rising over the city is blinding, and the siren (outside is completely hysterical) yells in my ears so that I want to duck down and crawl somewhere deeper. For example, in an underground shelter.
In Arongar (as well as throughout the world), metropolitan areas are stuffed with underground shelters in case dragons do attack the city. I suspect that the siren was made so disgusting precisely so that everyone urgently wanted to hide underground. In civil defense lessons, we were taught to go down under the school together, without creating panic, to help elementary school students in emergency situations, and so on, so on, so on.
- Essa Lade!
I was promptly shoved into the fly.
So much so that I didn’t have time to come to my senses, and, no, I can swear that they just pushed me into the back seat, and I gently fell onto it, like a baby from a potty in my mother’s hands. In the next second, the fly had already slid into the air sleeve and onto the upper airway.
Fortunately, here this siren's howl was at least a little muffled, because after a sleepless night my eyes twitched from it. I would have stuck to the glass, but the broad shoulders of Leona's guard loomed to the left and right, so all that remained was to look at what was happening in the city, over them. The wastelands looked like a distant horizon from here, but I could still see dots rising above them. Tiny ones, with thin strings of tails and wings.
They are tiny from here.
The first and last raid in my life happened in Mayston (more precisely, there was no raid as such, it was a provocation against Raynar, as Leona later explained to me). But what was happening now, I definitely could not understand.
Plaque all over the country?
At the thought of this, the stomach contracted disgustingly, and a chill ran down the back. Too bad my sister and I talked very little about dragons. Too bad we didn't talk much at all.
And what's going on in Mayston now?!
Raynar and Leona are here.
- Yes. - The sharp voice of the Walzguard on the right brought me out of the trance. - Understood.
- What happened?
I turned to him, but he still showed me a strong-willed profile.
- This is not for your ears, Lade's essay.
- So my sister said something to you, and it's not for my ears?
Walzgard turned to me. He gave me a tenacious icy look and answered extremely expressively and intelligibly:
Then he turned away, showing the back of his head shaved to a single.
I wanted to say something very polite to him, but instead I also turned away and stared out the window through the other's profile. The airway curved around the wasteland on a tangent, and now I could clearly see the dragons circling on the border with the city. From here they looked like toys, but in fact they were not, with every minute there were more and more of them. Huge powerful beasts soared above the ground, now soaring to the heavens, then going down. I couldn’t see what was down there because of the skyscrapers, military vehicles flashed past us with flashing lights, an armored cortege of the ruler, followed by a few more flys, and then we went to a branch of the highway to the center.
The road ended abruptly next to the hotel, an arch rising above Ortakhara.
Clusters of people hung on the balconies, well, like clusters, each on his own, because of this, from afar, it seemed that beads had stuck on the facades of the building.
We went down to the upper parking lot, where, despite the early hours, there was pandemonium. The hotel's security team was clearly working out their monthly work quota, because through the furious cries came a steady, calm, almost mechanical: "You can't go into the air now. " "No, essa, the teleportation halls don't work anyway." "I'm sorry, but the air sleeves are blocked until further notice."
Some disheveled lady rushed past us, attacking the security guard with a scream even wilder than the howl of a siren, demanding to be released immediately onto the airway. The bald guy, who likes to swing in the gym, was pushed back from the flysocycle by three, so far successfully.
I was briskly dragged through this hustle and bustle exactly to the upper hall, the sliding doors slid to the sides, when a heart-rending squeal was heard behind our backs, which a moment later turned into a many-voiced roar, which happens in stadiums during the victory of your favorite grathand team. I turned around, now all eyes were fixed on the mobile displays.
- Live broadcast! screamed the mountain of muscles, trying to break through to the flycycle, excitedly, shaking her smartphone. “Look how many there are!”
The next moment I was pushed into the upper hall, through the howl of sirens and yelling voices, there was a receding growl of speakers. It was relatively quiet inside, apart from the muffled live broadcast and the excited voice of the desk clerk on the phone. The security guards froze like statues, only at the far sofa a man nervously fiddled with the handle of the air suitcase, not even thinking of turning off its hovering mode.
- ... Works very close! - I heard something excited, however, noticing us, the girl immediately said goodbye and turned to us. Nervously, she adjusted the blond curl that fell on her forehead from a perfect hairstyle.
She may have tried to be calm, but her wide eyes and trembling lips betrayed her excitement.
– Good afternoon, how can I help you?
“Good morning,” I said, ahead of the “back of the head” that opened my mouth. I can't stand it when they speak for me, even such cool nannies. - I need a number ...
- I'm sorry, but check-in is not possible at the moment.
The Chairman's security officer's ID fell on the counter, and the girl's face changed.
“Oh…” she said. - I apologize. Number…
– For an essay by Lade. Her film crew moved into your hotel tonight.
The administrator's face changed even more, and I thought, “Okay, let them talk. They somehow do it better.”
The girl took my documents, touched the scanner with the card, and then looked up at me.
- The number is already ready for you, essay by Lade.
- So how?
- It was booked by Essterd Grow. The administrator put the key on the table. - With the safety regulations in case of a raid ...
- We are familiar, - the Waltzguard said, and I was directed under escort towards the elevators.
It's probably a little crazy to think about it when there is a winged panic over the city, but for some reason I thought.
That Grow had booked a room for me.
Although I could not be sure that I would return.
Unexpectedly for myself (and especially for the Valzguards), I turned around and rushed back to the counter at full speed. The receptionist didn’t even have time to switch off (she was talking on the phone again, her eyes fixed on the screen of the wall plasma) when I leaned towards her:
– In which room did Grow’s essterd stay?
If you can turn even more pale, the girl succeeded.
- Excuse me, Essa Lade, we don't give this information...
- I need to talk to the director of the film I'm shooting. Urgently. – I confidently leaned even closer. And it would be better for her to speak faster, because no one canceled my escorts, and I was wildly tired and all that.
- You understand that I have no right to...
- And if you think about it? - I moved my eyebrows.
I hope that I got at least remotely similar to Leona, because the shifted eyebrows are not exactly what I can do one hundred percent. I'll have to practice in front of the mirror, or something.
- I think that as an exception ...
Yes, it probably worked out.
- His number is on your floor, one five nine five one.
It's good to be the first lady's sister.
- Wonderful. Thank you very much, - I said and added: - You forgot to reject the call.
Just at the moment when my escorts reached the limits of my personal space, the administrator said:
- Essterda Grou is not at home anyway, Essa Lade. He left as soon as the siren went off.
I almost voiced this question out loud, instead I just nodded and, under the gloomy looks of the Valzguards, walked back to the elevators. A man with an air suitcase stuck to the mobile display, judging by his bulging eyes, there is something out of the ordinary. She involuntarily reached for hers, but remembered that the screen had finally turned into a cobweb, and walked faster. There will be plasma in the room, I will find out everything there. And in general, there is something paradoxical in the fact that the sister of the first lady learns about everything from the news.
Somehow this is not normal, or something.
Where could Grow go anyway?
Now that everything is closed, although knowing him, this is not a problem for him.
The Valzguards burst into the room with me with such stern faces, as if there was a hired killer behind every curtain, but the first thing I did was find the remote control and turn on the visor.
There really were a lot of dragons, it felt like there wasn't a single one left in the wastelands. Valzguard cordon on the border of the shield, combat flys hovering between the observation towers; the camera, of course, was a little farther away, but it still looked creepy. From this angle, it was clearly visible how the dragons go up, and then dive and swiftly rush over the ground, raising clouds of dust.
"We're all confused right now," the reporter said excitedly. - The inhabitants of modern Ortaharna have not seen such a number of dragons even in the cinema. Mestre Kreisman has so far refused to comment on what is happening, and nothing is clear from what we see. We can only hope that everything will be resolved in the near future.
They showed the ruler's motorcade, in the recording, of course, flying at full speed to the wastelands, but I turned off the sound and selected the Solars Van from the menu - the main channel of Mayston, and for some time now the whole country. The picture split into two parts, separated by a vertical stripe. It was worth seeing the native islands, as something trembled inside.
- As far as we know, a teleport has just been opened for the President of the Council and the First Lady. The blond-haired reporter, in contrast to her constantly looking back colleague from Ortaharna, looked exclusively at the camera. “For the people of Maiston, this means only one thing: they are now protected…
I was used to looking at my sister through camera lenses, but just at that moment I felt a strange pride. The realization that, despite the emergency, Leona and Raynar are still the epitome of protection for the Arongars made that pride skyrocket. Like a big red dragon in the background.
"We don't know what's going on yet," the announcer continued, switching back to live and the reporter waiting. - Eina?
- It's amazing, but the dragons don't even think about attacking! There are many of them, but they ... just fly?
But it's true. If you look closely, the dragons did not try to breathe fire or roar, they just circled on the edge of the wasteland, flowing around the city to the edge that the shield built.
“Amazing,” confirmed the announcer, who, judging by her voice, did not share her colleague's optimism. “Well, in any case, we just have to wait. Mestre Halloran and his wife are now on their way to the border...
- Yes, and this seems to be the first time that the first lady has gone out into the wasteland with her husband...
- Not the first time in our case. We all remember the events when Mestre Halloran, not yet the Chairman, but the ruling one, defended the city during the explosion on Lauvais, turning into a dragon. If I'm not mistaken, then his future wife was also next to him.
– Yes, it was a double turn, which is why we all know that our city is now in good hands…
Where is Grou?
Some kind of dragon, this thought haunted me.
I turned off the sound and realized that I was still standing in those stupid stilettos. I threw them off with kicks, went to the balcony, but two powerful bodies blocked the door to me.
- Not now, essay by Lade.
– Can't I get some fresh air?
- Not now.
Is it stuck or something?
Turned around, kicking an innocent shoe (quite by accident, of course), and flopped down on the sofa. I had to occupy myself with something, and occupy myself with something ... no, I was not going to dance on the railing, more than that - I was not sure that I would have enough strength even to bend, but now I wanted at least something do.
The minute I thought about it, the intercom system beeped.
I answered through the panel built into the armrest.
- I thought you might want to know, essay by Lade. - The voice of the administrator. Essterd Grow is back.
It's good to be the first lady's sister.
– Thank you, – I answered and switched off, after which I turned to the Walzguards.
- I need to walk to the next room. I hope I can do this alone?
How did I know that this would be the answer?
“There are two steps here,” I reminded him.
Dragon dung in your pants with industrial buckets.
“Okay,” she gritted her teeth. “But will you allow me to speak to Essterd Grow in private?”
If he says no now, I will bite him.
Okay. Live for now.
She looked down at her "striped" stockings and went to the bathroom to take them off. Given that my luggage had not yet arrived, I had no choice: either a suit or no suit. She looked expressively at her reflection, so pale, with round eyes from lack of sleep, under which dark circles appeared. For some reason, I thought that if the dragons break into the city, they will not only not devour me, but also feed me.
I thought a little and let my hair down.
Not sure why.
I decided to collect it back, but then I spat and just rinsed my face with water.
In the end, I'm just going to talk, not on a date.
What other date?!
At seven o'clock in the morning under the cheerful howl of a siren.
Having become completely angry with herself, she flew out of the bathroom, put her feet into terrible shoes and headed for the door. Number one five nine five one, according to the holographic interactive map displayed above the key, was just around the corner. I flew the distance to it with a agility worthy of a dragon who had left at the peak.
- Thanks for picking it up. I already thought I was stuck for a long time.
Someone would pick me up, I thought.
Because next to Grow was none other than Sibrilla Ritharson.
Fervern's icy voice. Irthanessa, world famous singer, whose voice is considered the second most powerful after the soprano Leona. The performer of the hit "Ice Storm", which swept the world and firmly settled in the charts.
Or stuck, like its performer is out there somewhere. Nearly.
Grow's hand slipped from her waist to her ass.
And along with her, you, dragon-infused male.
Fortunately, they didn't see me, and I quickly jumped back.
Back, back, back! – silently yelled at the guards, waving her hands.
Sincerely trying to blend in with my surroundings.
The atmosphere did not want to merge with me, because the cream suit stood out like a splash against the background of maroon inserts.
– Tanni? Gro's voice.
This voice turned off the instinct of self-preservation, and I fit into the security at full speed.
Who said that you can't spring from a stone? It's even possible. I bounced off them like a ball off a wall to hit the viar's teeth.
That is a dragon.
That is, dragons.
“Hello,” I said, turning to them. - Good morning. We are walking here.
- Are you walking?
Grow's gaze swept over me and lingered on the guard rising behind me.
- Well, yes. I can’t sleep somehow, that’s all ... what’s going on there is wildly emotional. Just wow and wow! - I clasped my fingers on my hips and immediately unhooked them, expressively raising my eyebrows. - What are you doing?
In terms of the degree of idiocy, this question would pull on the highest score.
And so it is clear that Sibrilla Ritharson did not come up to his room to discuss the raid. A sort of template from the cover of fashion magazines: hair flowing like frost silk down the back to the very waist, the dark blue dress is stretched in all strategic places, even when the shoulder is turned. R-time - and you're done, ass, like a ball in the gym, boobs, like a ripe malarrella.
Can someone tell me how some girls manage to do this: look perfect twenty-six hours a day? Even if I paint my eyelashes, in two hours one of them will bend to the left, the other to the right, and through the contour pencil the lipstick diverges from the lips with cracks, like the rays of the sun. Not to mention the fact that not a single hairspray takes me for a long time, which is why Gella swears with terrible words.
- I ended up in Ortaharn at the moment when all the air corridors were closed, and Jerman helped me out.
- Yes, Jerman generally likes to help out women who find themselves in awkward situations.
My tongue is in my ass, what am I saying?!
Sibrilla smiled coldly, revealing perfect white teeth.
Surely the dentist just got rich to make her hiccup and fart. And in general, it was necessary to invite her for the role of Hellyria, a perfect match.
- Well, in general, you settle down here and all that, and we will move on. Boys, follow me!
I don't know who was more scaly - the "boys" or Grow with her cross between a dragon and an ice slide, but I passed them along the corridor, my head thrown high in complete confusion about where I was going. I really hope that the corridor does not end at the next turn.
Your dragon by the leg!
I turned around, meeting a dark gaze. One that, even through the veil of some strange dullness, acted on me like a smelter on metal.
– Are you all right?
– What? Not noticeable? She folded her arms across her chest and nodded at the Waltzguards.
Grow narrowed his eyes.
Are you sure?
I am sure, more than sure. And in general, go, your icy lady is already waiting for you, and look, it will start to crackle and pour snowflakes.
– Listen, you and I have already figured it out, haven't we? You asked me to decide, I decided. I play Ilerra, you make a movie. Everything is simple.
Gro's pupils twitched. Barely perceptible.
“Not a problem,” he said. - Be in touch.
Turned around and headed for his blond ice slide, and I continued on my way to nowhere, because everything inside turned upside down, I wanted to kick the wall or beat it with my fists. You can use Sibrilla's head, but this is a criminal offense, and in general it is somehow not feminine.
Three ha ha.
Who am I kidding?
Women are girls like Sybrilla, whose every fingernail is perfect, and I, Tanni Lade, are a socially dangerous element (as my former headmistress would say), which guys fall for only if they are not in order in the head.
Inhale deeply, exhale deeply.
Calmed down, turned around and back. To the room.
Fortunately, the guys I came across were smart and did not ask questions, turning around after me. Just when I was outside the door, I took a deep breath and explained:
- I changed my mind. I desperately want to sleep.
The facial expressions of the Walzguards, which in principle did not change, could probably be classified as skeptical. Or that they believed me.
By and large, it didn't matter to me: I grabbed my cell phone in my arm and went to the bathroom, but the way was blocked again.
- Not now, essay by Lade.
– So I can’t take a shower either?
During a potential raid, yes.
Just now I remembered what is going on outside the windows, that all normal people are stuck to their visors, because the fate of the country is being decided and all that. But where are normal people, and where is Tanni Lade. Who first ran to Grow because she believed that...
What did I really believe?
Female Otseharra in the mating season is even smarter.
The minute I appreciated my own intelligence so highly, my phone burst into a hysterical chime. It was impossible to call this convulsive rattling otherwise, but in which of the countless falls his speakers also suffered, I no longer remembered. It was impossible to understand who was calling through the countless cracks on the display, so I pressed the emergency button on the case.
– Tanni, where are you now? Can you speak?
- Uh-huh. Yes,” she glanced at the Walzguards. - I can.
– How are you?
Much more attention has been paid to this issue than I would like to hear. Or maybe just as much as I wanted, that's the problem. Whenever a man's attention to me crosses a certain line, I climb into a cave and do not stick my nose out of there until it merges into the unknown. Not to mention what usually happens when I'm hinted at in a relationship.
That's right. Did I just say "relationship"?!
Didn't say, but thought, but that doesn't change things.
- Would you like to come in? I suggested until I thought of something else.
Come to my cave, we will count the flashes.
Like Grow and Sibrilla.
Fuck me! No more non-work thoughts about Grow, especially when I'm talking to Richt.
Especially since we haven't finished the previous conversation.
Or a kiss. Although I wasn't sure I was in a position to finish anything right now.
– Wait… are you in a hotel?
I called the number, and Richt hung up immediately.
Who would ever tell me what I'm doing?
The Valzguards still stood motionless at the door, but I walked diagonally from corner to corner. All hotel rooms are similar, like twin brothers, well, except for VIPs or the presidential suite, for example. There may be options, but basically only the color of the walls, furniture upholstery and glass thickness change. Like the thickness of my exposure, which was now bursting at the seams and promising ... it did not promise anything good. At the memory of Grow's hand on the iceness's ass, everything inside turned over, covered with a crust of ice, piercing into the heart with ice needles, and then opened and beat with a fiery fountain.
Over the head, yeah.
Never before have I been so close to breaking dishes (from a bar, for example). Only the presence of the Waltzguards held them back.
I thought belatedly that Richt should have been warned about them.
Of course, he knows that I am the first lady's sister, but it's hard to prepare for this. And even more difficult to what happened. But I still have no idea what he thinks about what happened. Only “witness testimony” appeared in the meeting room, the recordings of the survey of the film crew were sent to the ruling before the start of the process, and, apparently, they familiarized themselves with them in advance.
More precisely, no one offered me to get acquainted with them.
A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts, and Richt’s voice, the door of which was opened by one of my bodyguards:
“How…” interrupted the stern look of the Walzguard.
“This is my colleague Richt Parsherrd,” I explained and added: “This is my bodyguard.” Hope it doesn't bother you.
- It's hard to embarrass me.
The next minute Richt stepped towards me and hugged me impetuously.
But I can, as it turned out. I carefully rested my palms on his chest, although it was comfortable in his arms. Perhaps that's why I resisted, because I could not figure out what to do with it.
“Tanny, how nice to see you,” he said, peering into my face. – What happened there?
- Well, I ...
- Essa Lade has no right to disclose information about what happened.
I got a little scaly, so much so that I even forgot about Richt's strong hands on my waist.
- Don't understand?
- You have signed an agreement in which you undertake not to disclose the events of last evening and everything that happened within the walls of Anger Haight.
No, of course, I signed something like that before the meeting began, but…
This one-haired man is already starting to annoy me.
- This information concerns only the Council, and the Council will decide how to dispose of it.
So I can't tell anyone that Melora threw me off the balcony?!
What am I supposed to say then?!
- And if I tell you?
- Your right to compensation is cancelled.
“It doesn’t matter,” Richt said quietly, invading the kaleidoscope of fierce obscenity that was now spinning in my head. - I'm not here for this. The main thing is that everything is fine with you.
Well, yes, the main thing, but not the main thing - what? What are they going to tell the world? That I jumped on the railing and accidentally slipped?
“Tanni,” Richt reminded himself softly.
- Great! I finally said when I picked up the censored word. She wriggled out of Parsherrd's arms and looked expressively at the Waltzguards. You promised me a private conversation.
They didn't move.
- I promise I won't divulge anything.
The Valzguards did not move, but Richt stepped towards them. I don’t know how he did it, but Daarmarhsky’s regime turned on at once, as if inside a modern charismatic guy they turned the switch “Irthan is a classic, killer, leader of the highest category.” This look, at least, can not be confused with anything.