How to lose weight by dancing in your room
Can You Lose Weight by Dancing in Your Room? Burn Your Calories
Dancing is an exercise that you can do in your living room or bedroom, and it can really burn lots of calories and helps you tone your muscles. You can regularly practice any style of dancing in your room to lose weight. For example, if you have learned an item dance of Bollywood or Bharatanatyam dance you can try to do the same item dance regularly so that it can very much help you lose weight by simply dancing in your room. This kind of practice not only helps you to lose weight but also tone your body and take you through the experiences of craving perfection for dance and physical flexibility.
The great thing about dancing in your room at home is that you don’t have to buy any equipment or workout clothes to get started (although loose clothing is preferred).
You can use some music to play background music through a laptop or desktop PC. It is not advisable to use headphones connected to a phone or tablet because you may miss the freedom of head movements as you wish.
Dance is used to express oneself through the art form, but dance is now being popularized as a weight loss exercise. If you want to lose weight and have fun at the same time, dancing is the only answer. You can have at least a 30-minute long exercise session to lose weight by dancing in your room. Dancing is also a good cardio exercise making it ideal for weight loss.
Many celebrities use this as a form of workout to lose weight by dancing in their room. If they have to perform somewhere outside the city, they may not be able to go to the gym, so they dance knowing they are covered because they know they can lose weight by dance it out from their room!
Even when you do dancing in your room you move your entire body, making it fit and flexible. In the end, it makes you feel good. There are several dance styles, and each one has got a different effect on your body- for each routine, the calorie burn is different.
Common questions asked by beginners
Is it quite normal to dance alone in your room?
There is nothing abnormal about dancing alone in your room in the world of dancers. Dance needs lots of practice and concentration that can be available when you practice alone. There is nothing like odd about dance alone in a room and you can even lose weight by dancing in your room.
How many calories do you burn dancing in your room?
On average, dancing in your room for about 30 minutes could burn between 90 to 266 calories.
Is dancing a good way to lose weight? How many calories can burn for one hour of dancing? Will I lose weight if I dance every day?
Using the right intensity, steps and a proper diet can help a person burn around 400 calories during one hour of dancing. Dancers with a higher BMI can lose up to two to three pounds in a week. However, people with lower body mass index or of older age may lose only one to 1.5 pounds in a week by dancing in their room.
How long do you have to dance to lose weight in my room?
To lose weight by dancing, you should practice dance at least 20 minutes for at least 4-5 days a week. You need to start with a 5-minute warm-up and end with a 5-minute cool-down which can take your 30 minutes, 4-5 times a week.
Is dancing in my room a good exercise?
On average, if you dance in your room for 30 minutes it can burn 90–180 calories for a 125 pounds person. Hence, dancing is indeed a good form of cardio and aerobic exercise that can help you lose weight.
How much weight can I lose by dancing for about 30 minutes?
A 155-pound person can burn 112 calories if they dance for 30 minutes of slow dancing, 205 calories from disco or ballroom dance, and 223 calories from fast kind of dancing or ballet dancing. If a 185-pound person do a slow dancing for 30 minutes in her room it can burn roughly 133 calories, 244 calories from disco or ballroom dancing and 266 from fast or ballet dancing
What happens if you dance every day? can I lose weight by just dancing in my room?
Depending on the style of dancing you do in your room, you can maintain flexibility. if you can dance fast enough to elevate your heart rate to a certain level, you’ll be getting the advantage of a good aerobic/cardio workout and burn up a good amount of calories so you’ll surely lose some weight.
What are the 5 fun And fast dance forms to lose weight?
Here are the dance forms you can try in your room to lose weight
Zumba: It has got fast-paced aerobic movements with a good cardio effect.
Salsa: If you are planning to involve your partner in your weight loss journey, try Salsa
Hip Hop Abs: The best style of dance to target at shaping and toning your abs.
Belly Dance: Another goog dancing to try in your room to lose fat.
Indian Dance Forms: Bollywood and Bharatanatyam dance which offers you flexibility and fitness.
What type of dance helps you lose weight?
Any kind of dance form that extends to 20 to 30 minutes helps in weight loss and makes your body more flexible. Practicing freestyle dancing in your room for just 30 minutes every day is also a solution to lose weight.
Can dancing reduce thigh fat?
There are some forms of dance that can burn thigh and abdominal fat. If you can do an hour of belly dancing can burn up to 300 calories.
Can just dance alone get you in shape?
As you can burn enough calories by simply dancing in your room that can get you to shape easily.
Can you get abs from dancing?
Like any other form of cardiovascular exercise, some styles of dance like belly dancing can help carve your waist and increase the strength of your stomach muscles, losing weight from your entire body.
Is dancing good cardio?
Dancing is a great cardio workout. Same as a low-impact cardio workout, any kind of dancing can improve cardiovascular health, increase stamina, and strengthen muscles.
Is it okay to dance every day?
Everyday dancing will help you stabilize and gain better control of your body postures and increase physical balance. Dance demands no age limit, even older people who are afraid of falling can try to practice dancing in their rooms at home to get balance.
How much weight can you lose from just dance?
If you do dancing daily expect around a minimum calorie reduction of 100-300 per day.
How long do you have to dance to burn 500 calories?
If you are doing slow ballroom dancing, dancing for about two hours and 25 minutes can burn 500 calories. To get the same calory burn of 500, a 155-pound person may need to do aerobic or fast-paced dancing for approximately one hour and 10 minutes.
Has anyone lost weight playing just dance?
You can definitely burn enough calories and lose weight by just practicing dance in your won room.
How many calories does an hour of just dance burn?
Dancing for an hour can help you burn nearly 400 calories and boost your mood while improving your heart health.
How many calories do you burn dancing for 20 minutes?
It is reported that 116.7 calories are burned dancing for 20 minutes.
Is dancing for 30 minutes a good workout?
Dancing is a whole-body workout that’s actually fun and if you dance for 30-minutes, it can burn an average of 130 calories. Dancing is good for your heart as it makes you stronger and helps you increase balance and coordination.
Click here to learn Bharatanatyam, Bollywood dance, and Indian classical dance forms online.
Can You Lose Weight By Dancing In Your Room: It's Time To Crank Those Tunes Up!
It’s hard to tell what drives away from weight loss more: training or dieting. While being most oft-recommended practices to lose weight effectively, these two can be pretty unappealing, especially in their extreme versions. At the same time, dancing to lose weight is rarely even considered an option – it is either something for kids, or just a leisure activity. In reality, regular and energetic dance sessions can surely shed your pesky pounds away. Dancing in the living room is perhaps one of the most fun and financially undemanding ways to melt away your fat. Can you lose weight by dancing in your room? How many calories do you burn while dancing? What dance form is best for weight loss? This article will give you all the answers and tips you need to get your heart pumping to your favorite bops.
A Short History Of Dance
Okay, everyone intuitively understands what dancing is. This practice is so widespread in pretty much all societies around the world that it can be considered an essential component of culture. But why is it so?
The oldest proof of existence of dancing in human cultures comes from the 9000-year-old cave paintings that were found in India. These inscriptions depict various scenes of hunting, childbirth, religious rites, burials, communal drinking, and dancing. Finding clear evidence about dancing rituals in ancient cultures is a challenging task, that is why scientists try to piece together all the facts from secondary sources like cave paintings. The period when dancing started spreading around the world can be traced back to the third millennia BC. At this time, Egyptians started using dance as integral parts of their religious ceremonies. After looking at various ancient tomb paintings, it was concluded that Egyptian priests used musical instruments and dancers to mimic important events of their culture – stories of gods and cosmic patterns of moving stars and sun (7).
In ancient Greece, various dances were frequent both as parts of important rituals and for entertainment or seduction. Dancing is one of the oldest and most popular forms of self-expression. The boom and rapid development of dancing in modern Europe began during the Renaissance period and continues to these days.
BetterMe is your fast-track ticket to long-lasting weight loss! Tailor your fitness journey and maximize your results with just a couple of swipes!Dancing For Exercise
While dancing is viewed as a go-to entertainment activity for many, its weight loss and cardiovascular benefits are often kept in the shade.
Dancing has multiple benefits for your health. Many dance moves target your core, arms, quads and hamstrings, glutes, and back (5). The range of physical benefits here is incredibly high, and dancing as an activity can be suitable for people of all ages and sizes.
So, the benefits of dancing include (4):
- improved health of your heart and lungs
- strengthened muscles, improved endurance and motor fitness
- enhanced aerobic fitness
- enhanced muscle tone and strength
- assistance in weight loss
- stronger bones and reduction of the risk of osteoporosis
- improved coordination, agility and flexibility
- better balance and spatial awareness
- more physical confidence
- boosted intellectual performance
- better general and psychological well-being
- boosted self-confidence and self-esteem
- improved social skills
Read More: Stretch Routines for Dancers Geared Toward Muscle Relaxation and HealingHow Dancing Results In Weight Loss?
Should you dance for weight loss at home? Undoubtedly yes. Dancing helps you lose weight, first and foremost, because it burns calories. Obviously, the number of calories burned depends on the intensity of your dance session. Whether you’re slowly waltzing or energetically moving in a Zumba session, determines the number of calories burned while dancing. How many calories can you burn dancing?
A 125-pound person burns about 90 calories in 30 minutes of slow dancing, 165 calories in disco or ballroom and 180 calories in fast or ballet dancing (3).
At the same time, a 155-pound person burns 112 calories in 30 minutes of slow dancing, 205 calories from disco or ballroom and 223 calories from fast or ballet dancing. A 185-pound person burns roughly 133 calories in 30 minutes of slow dancing, 244 calories from disco or ballroom dancing and 266 from fast or ballet dancing.
So, as you can clearly see, the number of calories you’ll burn while dancing depends both on the intensity of dancing you choose and your bodyweight.
As you already know, dancing is a helpful and effective tool to lose weight if practiced efficiently. Can you lose weight by dancing in your room? Definitely.
Still, some dances are better for weight loss, some a bit less productive. What dance form is best for weight loss?
Easy Dances To Learn And Lose WeightFreestyle Dance
This type of dance is the easiest to learn because, in essence, you don’t have to learn anything. Freestyle dance is improvisation, when you move freely and without any plan. It was born in the early 1970s when dancers began to show off their freestyle skills on the streets and in different public areas (6). Several crucial locations that contributed to the birth and growth of freestyle dancing were in New York and Los Angeles, while Jamaica played a huge role in the reincarnation of reggae seen in particular forms of freestyle dance.
Because there are no strict rules in freestyle dancing, it can be literally anything, and can be practiced by literally anyone. In freestyle dancing, you can unleash your creativity and discover new sides of yourself. If you want to lose weight, choose fast rhythms that boost your energy levels and pump you up to dance non-stop. To lose weight, practice freestyle dance for 30 minutes a day.Hip Hop
Hip hop originated on the streets and hip hop sessions are almost equivalent to a full-blown workout for those trying to cut down their extra pounds. The high energy movements performed in this dance form work your entire body. In particular, the steps in hip hop focus on your waist and hip region which help you tone up your abs. An hour-long hip hop session a couple of times a week will help you lose weight in the most enjoyable way possible.Belly Dancing
This is an amazing form of art that helps you tone up different areas of your body like hips, back, and abs. Belly dancing is all about slow and controlled movements that help you improve flexibility and blood circulation. When you shake your belly, you burn calories, and shape your butt. Of course, it also burns abdominal and thigh fat. It strengthens your muscles and enhances posture, freeing you from back pain. It is a low-impact type of physical activity, and it is safe for your bones. By shaking your belly for an hour, you can burn up to 300 calories (2). Although belly dancing can not be considered an aerobic exercise, it can become a crucial part of your training regimen. You can sign up for a class or practice belly dancing at home. Belly dancing improves the flexibility and fitness of your whole body.Salsa
Salsa dancing is emerging as a vibrant and refreshing alternative both to other, more popular dances, and to traditional workouts. It has deep Caribbean and African roots, and is especially popular in Latin America (8). Various classes based on Salsa, Mambo, Cumbia, and other techniques are emerging everywhere, offering energetic and passionate experiences. Dance movements of salsa alternate between very slow and insanely dynamic. A salsa session is a first-class workout. Salsa merges aerobic and anaerobic training, improving your stability and strengthening your legs. You can burn up to 420 calories by dancing salsa for an hour.
Read More: Aerobic Exercise At Home-Simple and Beneficial At-Home Aerobic WorkoutsZumba
Zumba includes salsa, rumba, merengue, and hip hop moves in its dance program, thus giving you an effective cardio workout. It is a high-energy type of aerobic exercise inspired by latin dance culture, and it can be a fun way to increase your physical activity and daily calorie burn. Zumba was proven to be an extremely effective way to burn calories.
In a 2012 study (9) of 19 healthy female Zumba participants ages 18 to 22 burned an average of 9.5 calories per minute during a 40-minute class. That resulted into an average of 369 calories total in about 40 minutes. That was more calories burned than while kickboxing, performing step aerobics, or power yoga.
Of course, you can practice Zumba alone, since it does not require a partner. However, many gyms offer Zumba classes for an affordable price.
If you’ve mustered up the courage to crush your weight loss goal, let Betterme take the sting out of this demanding process. Our app will help you restructure your habits, remold your life and crank up your fitness results!Tips To Start Dancing (1)
Learn Different Dance Types
There are so many different dance types that choosing only one may be a difficult task. The answer to this is very simple: try as many types as you want! Obviously, if you want to become a professional dancer, you’ll eventually need to choose your specialization. But if you’re simply looking to lose weight by dancing, the variety here is an advantage. Learn a little about different styles, rather than exclusively focusing on one, and have fun!
Listen To The Rhythm And Feel The Music
Most people dance because they are inspired by a beat or can’t resist the tune. To become a grade ‘A’ dancer, you need to feel the music and express it through your movements. Listen to music connected to the dance style you prefer as much as possible to get familiar with it.
Look Up, Not Down
A widespread mistake among beginner dancers is looking at your own feet while dancing. This error is natural, and yet you need to avoid it. Dancing is in fact not about seeing, but about feeling.
Instead of staring at your feet, try to remember how your steps feel, with the shifting of your weight and changes in direction registering in your mind. If you’re dancing with a partner, try to follow their steps, so that your movements were in sync.Dance With Different Partners
Wanting to dance with your partner or friend in the beginning is natural. It’s a great bonding opportunity or a way to catch up on “quality time”. Let go of all the worries swarming in your head, shake off the stress, and try to turn each dancing practice into an opportunity to discover something new about your partner.Relax And Have Fun
Remember, dancing is meant to be fun, not a chore or something to get worried about. Dancing is supposed to help lower your blood pressure, not raise it, so don’t stress out.
Especially when you’re practicing dancing for weight loss, you should never be ashamed of your dancing skills. Remember: you’re there to shed those pounds in a fun way, not to become a famous professional.Final Thought
Can you lose weight by dancing in your room? Undoubtedly yes. Even more so, you can lose weight by dancing in a group class, or in the streets, or pretty much everywhere. Dancing is an empowering practice that can make you not only lose weight, but also become more confident in yourself, find new friends, and explore your personality. You can choose from a wide variety of dances, from zumba to hip hop, to achieve your weight loss goals.
While dancing is a sure way to burn some calories, you need to understand that it is essential to modify your diet as well. Dancing can be a viable alternative to working out, but it is not an alternative to a healthy diet. You need to include whole grains, plant and seafood proteins, leafy greens, nuts, legumes, fruits, and berries in your daily diet to yield the most from your weight loss plan. It is also essential to maintain a caloric deficit, but not too extreme, as extreme diets may be deleterious to your health. Besides, keeping your water intake high is immensely important. Water delivers essential nutrients to all organs, supplies oxygen to the lungs, and maintains heart function.
Gulping a glass of water before your meal will help you eat less and feel full faster. Drink a glass of lemon water every morning to support your immune system and amplify your weight loss results.DISCLAIMER:
This article is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional advice or help and should not be relied on to make decisions of any kind. A licensed physician should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any medical conditions. Any action you take upon the information presented in this article is strictly at your own risk and responsibility!SOURCES:
- 5 Tips For Dance Beginners (n.d., realbuzz.com)
- 10 Simple Dances To Help You Lose Weight Easily (2019, stylecraze.com)
- Can Dancing for 30 Minutes a Day Help You Lose Weight? (2020, livestrong.com)
- Dance – health benefits (n.d., betterhealth.vic.gov.au)
- Dancing as a Workout (n.d., webmd.com)
- Freestyle dance: 4 tips from the pros to expand your skills (2020, redbull.com)
- History of Dance (n.d., dancefacts.net)
- Salsa Dance: Origin, History & Steps (n.d., study.com)
- Zumba®: Is the “Fitness-Party” a Good Workout? (2012, ncbi.nlm.nih.gov)
How to lose weight dancing at home.Weight loss through dancing at home
- How to lose weight dancing at home. Slimming with dancing at home
- Benefits of dancing for weight loss
- What types of dancing help you lose weight
- Dancing for weight loss legs.
- What dances for slimming legs
- Dances for slimming. Contemporary
- Oriental dance
- Strip-dance or stripplastik
- Dance schools in Kyiv. Where to dance
- Dance every day. Can you lose weight with dancing?
- How to lose weight by dancing. Why dancing for weight loss: what is the advantage of such activities?
- Salsa for weight loss
- Dancing weight loss. Slim body and strong immunity
How to lose weight dancing at home. Lose weight with dancing at home
Many girls look after their slim figure. Not everyone has the time and money to study in special studios, and some still lack the courage. Dancing at home for weight loss will help solve the problem of excess weight. Classes do not require material investments, special training, do not take much free time. How to lose weight while dancing and what types of dances are useful for this?
Benefits of dancing for weight loss
Many dance moves involve all the muscles of the body, so that all problem areas are pumped up. Additional equipment in the form of simulators is not required, as well as a professional level of training. Dancing is an exercise at home for weight loss that brings pleasure, uplifts the mood and vitality of women. You can invite a coach (choreographer) or do it yourself for videos lessons. Do not despair if a beginner fails to perform some elements. The result will appear for sure, the main thing is not to leave everything halfway!
If you are thinking about how to lose weight at home, then it is difficult to find a way more effective than dancing. Morning or evening classes charge with positive for the whole day. Dancing at home for weight loss is not recommended for those who have problems with the spine or the reproductive system. Everyone else can safely proceed to incendiary workouts that will help restore harmony and cheer up. nine0003
What kinds of dances help you lose weight
You can try one of the following types of activities. Each of them effectively gets rid of extra pounds and gives a positive boost of energy:
- Oriental are an ideal way to lose weight. Learning how to dance belly dance is to tighten your muscles, get rid of extra centimeters at the waist, and get a strong press.
- Latin American dances (salsa, rumba, samba). This option involves smooth rhythmic movements that are perfect for losing weight. During such incendiary exercises, all muscles are involved. The best option for weight loss is samba, but it requires a lot of work. nine0008
- Zumba for weight loss is both dance and cardio training. In addition to weight loss, you will get a healthy heart and blood vessels! The advantage of this type of dance is that the choreography does not have to be memorized, because it is very simple, so everyone can dance zumba.
- Hip-hop provides effective burning of excess calories, trains endurance, flexibility, models the shape of the body. Such dances are considered the most energy-intensive, but not everyone likes them.
- Flamenco strengthens the thighs, calf muscles, and models the shape of the legs. As a result of regular practice of this dance, you will become more graceful, get rid of fat deposits on the neck, arms (upper body). nine0008
- Step is a wonderful dance to strengthen the muscles of the legs and buttocks. Increases skin tone, helps to lose weight, develops a sense of rhythm.
- Breakdance - good for energy, but requires a lot of stamina. Training forms an ideal figure, develops flexibility, gives good physical shape.
- Strip dance or strip plastic is a modern type of dance that helps not only to lose weight, but also to gain self-confidence. The training program includes classes from gymnastics, so it will allow you to get a slender, graceful body and a strong character. If you believe the reviews, learning these dances is a pleasure! nine0008
Leg slimming dance.
What kind of dances for slimming legs
What dances for slimming legs
Thousands of girls all over the world every second think about how to lose weight. Some go to the pool, others hone their bodies in gyms, others spend their time painfully on cardio, sweating and screaming in pain. We offer you an alternative and pleasant way to lose unwanted pounds - weight loss dancing. nine0003
Dancing for weight loss is a pleasant way to lose weight, while your body will take on feminine forms, you will become more flexible and feminine. In addition, the process of losing extra calories to the rhythms of music will go unnoticed.
You must have thought about which dances to sign up for. The answer is simple - those that suit your character. Read our article, look on the Internet
Dance every day. Can you lose weight with dancing? nine0045
Every woman wants to have a perfect figure. To achieve the goal, any means are used, sometimes unsafe for the female body. Beautiful ladies somehow forget that there is one universal means for finding the desired forms - dancing.
This is an absolutely physiological, with an optimal load on all muscle groups, a safe sport. Consider why dancing is ideal for the formation of a beautiful, proportional figure.
1. Dancing, a woman gives an even load on all muscle groups, even those that other sports cannot reach. Not only subcutaneous fat is burned, but internal adiposity of organs is also eliminated. nine0003
2. Dancing is safe. Choosing from a variety of types and directions of dance, each woman can choose the type that not only has no contraindications for her personally, but also helps to restore health.
3. The alternation of tension and relaxation of all muscle groups alternately is an excellent combination of strength and cardio loads.
4. Dancing improves blood flow, lymph flow, and eliminates congestion in the body. Some types of dance are a gentle massage of the internal organs, which stabilizes their work. nine0003
5. Due to the normalization of the work, first of all, of the gastrointestinal tract, the metabolism improves. The body itself regulates the amount of healthy fat, and breaks down and removes the excess.
6. Dancing contributes to the normalization of the daily routine. The need for a morning workout, breakfast, drinking water, timely meals, warming up during the day and relaxing exercises before bed hone beautiful forms.
7. Dancing forms a royal posture. A woman with a straight back and a high head is slimmer both visually and in fact. nine0003
8. At the end of the day, it's a pleasant exercise that burns excess fat.
1. A dancing woman begins to love herself, to take care of herself. A dancing woman will not allow herself to eat junk food, not get enough sleep, she monitors her health, cherishes and cherishes herself, her beloved.
2. Dance contributes to the normalization of energy exchange in the body, which improves the functioning of all internal organs, improves mood, and reduces weight. nine0003
3. A woman begins to love her body and accept it. As a result, the fat that the body has accumulated to protect not only from the cold and hunger, but also the aggression of the hostess against itself is no longer needed.
4. A woman reveals her femininity in the dance. At the physical level, this is expressed in the normalization of the hormonal and reproductive systems. Stabilization of the level of hormones in the blood helps to get rid of fat accumulations in the abdomen, back, shoulders, and the disappearance of cellulite.
You can learn to dance on your own with the help of video lessons, and in the group. For beginners, classes in a group are better - the teacher will explain and show how this or that movement is performed. In addition, the group is an opportunity to find new friends and like-minded people.
Dance is a sport that works on all levels. Starting to dance, a woman is not only guaranteed to transform her figure, but also heal both physically and spiritually.
How to lose weight by dancing. Why dancing for weight loss: what is the advantage of such activities? nine0045
Dance aerobics for weight loss is a real pleasure when every movement brings joy. It is important to choose an activity not so much in terms of calorie costs, but as much as you like. Half the success is the emotional state.
Not everyone is able to enjoy running on the track or exercising in the gym. If they are additionally associated with the need to follow the instructions of the coach, then there will be little joy from such weight loss. Another thing is dancing for weight loss. There are a lot of directions, and therefore it is possible to choose the one that suits you. Can you lose weight by dancing? This is quite real, and it is additionally proposed to evaluate the benefits of such training:
- Mood enhancement;
- Possibility to strengthen the muscular corset that holds the bone frame;
- Weight loss;
- Body shaping;
- No subscription required. You can do dancing for weight loss at home. If there is such a need, you can always sign up for special classes;
- Classes with people who have already managed to get rid of extra pounds. This is a great motivator for success; nine0008
- The opportunity to choose a suitable direction for yourself and devote time to what you never had enough of;
- Elimination of the need to seize stress. It is this need that may be present if you visit the gym, where the workouts are tough, exhausting, dynamic;
- You can practice not only in the studio, at home, but anywhere. Even on trips there will be no problems with choosing a dance floor. You can dance in the field, in the room, on the street - anywhere;
- Opportunity to take classes in nine0002 You can correct your figure with the help of dances by setting the pace, volume, and the number of classes. You can also adjust the frequency of training according to the tutorial yourself, as well as choose the number of visits to lessons when choosing a coach.
Salsa for weight loss
In the last article, we discussed that it is very difficult to lose weight with salsa and it would be very naive to consider salsa as an effective means of losing weight, as many dance schools are trying to assure us of this. nine0003
Nevertheless, it is impossible to definitively recognize salsa as unsuitable for weight loss for the following reason - because of the numerous examples when people started to engage in club latin and ... still lost weight! Stop! - perhaps someone who read the previous article will say. But what about all the calculations with the number of calories burned, counting kilograms and comparing the energy consumption of fast dances with slow cycling?! What was the point of fencing the garden if practice refutes theory?
Actually there is no contradiction here. And now you will see for yourself. nine0003
I don't really know of anyone losing weight just doing salsa for two hours a week. However, often people do not limit themselves to two classes per week, but begin to train much more often. Plus, several times a week they dance for hours on end in clubs. And this is a completely different energy consumption. If self-study at home is also added, the situation looks even more optimistic.
Some go to specialized groups, such as reggaeton or rumba. Here, energy costs are much higher. Someone combines dance classes with a visit to the gym - specifically to look better on the dance floor. Some girls even go on a diet for the same purpose. All this in combination, of course, gives a noticeable effect in terms of improving the figure. Is it possible to say that weight loss occurred only thanks to salsa classes? No you can not. And at the same time, it was salsa in this case that was the catalyst that led to all subsequent classes and training. nine0003
Dancing weight loss. Slim body and strong immunity
Dancing is a good alternative to low-calorie diets. Their effectiveness for weight loss is confirmed by many experts, including psychologists. Moving to music always releases endorphins, elevates mood and relieves stress, unlike the feeling of hunger that accompanies all diets. Diet stress is bad for health. In terms of its effectiveness for weight loss, dancing can compete with fitness: one dance lesson burns as much fat as during sports training. Each woman decides for herself which dance to prefer. nine0003
Oriental dances are the most feminine, and this is quite understandable, their benefits for weight loss can hardly be overestimated:
- with their help, the muscles of the abdomen, priests and hips are strengthened;
- increased blood flow in the abdomen;
- intimate muscles are strengthened;
- women's health improves, including fertility;
- joints become more mobile, the spine is strengthened.
The most energetic are hip-hop and breakdance, but not everyone can learn them. Zumba is a good cardio workout, with the help of such movements you can not only lose weight quickly, but also strengthen your heart muscle and increase your endurance. During the dance for weight loss, blood circulation improves, metabolism accelerates, muscles become stronger, calories are burned, and lymph is cleansed. nine0003
Incendiary Latin American movements are no less beneficial for health, with their help:
- legs and hips are strengthened;
- the fat layer on the abdomen is reduced;
- the silhouette becomes slim and feminine;
- strengthens the walls of blood vessels and increases blood circulation, which is a good prevention of varicose veins.
Dancing for weight loss at home
It's no secret that the best progress in the fight against extra pounds gives physical activity. Someone chooses physical labor, someone prefers sports, well, creative people connect their lives with dancing. The latest technique not only helps to effectively lose weight, but also makes the figure more toned, movements - flexible, body - plastic. In general, dancing as a way to get rid of excess weight has solid advantages. nine0003
Dancing is a feeling, a desire to express oneself through body language. Dancing cheers up, makes a person happier. You can dance everywhere - at a disco, in a club, in a gym, at a birthday party with your beloved friend and at your best friend's wedding. You can even dance at home, to your favorite music. Here we will talk about the benefits of the latter today, namely, how to effectively use dancing for weight loss at home, how to organize a place for training, what clothes to choose and what types of dances are especially good for losing weight at home. Shall we dance? nine0003
Contents of the article:
- Secrets of successful training
- Home dance venue
- How to dance for weight loss
- Types of dance at home
The Secrets of Successful Training
In order for any method of correcting the mass and body contours to bring maximum results, it is necessary to strictly adhere to the rules of training. Dancing is no exception, and now we will talk about how to make dancing at home as effective as possible for weight loss. nine0003
Rules for successful weight loss dancing:
First and foremost, weight loss dancing is impossible without music. While you are still in the category of beginners, select compositions with an average rhythmic motive. When you get into it, you can move on to faster, groovy melodies.
In any case, the tempo of the music used for dancing must match the type of dance being practiced, suit it.
The second recommendation for weight loss through active, rhythmic, coordinated movements concerns the creation of a very special atmosphere in the place of training. Make sure that no one interferes with you while dancing for weight loss at home, nothing distracts you from the process. Access to the room where your dance classes take place, without fail, limit pets and small children, if you have any. In addition, the room should not contain fragile interior items, indoor plants - when performing active movements, it is very easy to break or damage anything. nine0003
Home dance venue
Choosing a home training venue is perhaps the most important recommendation on the list. The room needs to be spacious enough, because dancing for weight loss does not involve marking time. The minimum area of the room is 5*5 square meters, the height of the ceilings is 2 m. Considering all this, it becomes clear that it is difficult to allocate an appropriate room for your needs in an apartment.
Persons living in a private house will be in a more advantageous position. nine0003
Additional details of the dance room: good lighting, the presence of one large (human height) or several mirrors, drop-down windows (for ventilation). If you still manage to find a suitable room in the apartment, soundproofing is very desirable in order to avoid problems with neighbors.
Like any sports training, dance requires freedom of movement from the practitioner. It is absolutely impossible if you are dressed inappropriately. Therefore, pay special attention to your equipment. nine0003
Clothing used for slimming dances should be of a sporty, practical, and comfortable type. Under these definitions, for example, leggings and a T-shirt, shorts and a T-shirt are suitable. Shoes, too, get the appropriate: moccasins without laces or ballet flats.
How to dance for weight loss
Of course, in order to lose weight, it is best to do dancing with an instructor in a group or individually in a fitness club. So you will make fewer mistakes, the likelihood of you getting injured during training will decrease, and the results will not be long in coming. But at home, losing weight with the help of rhythmic movements to groovy music is also quite realistic. The main thing is to train regularly, 4-5 times a week. The duration of each dance class at home should be from 20 to 40 minutes, on average - half an hour. If for some reason you can afford to dance only a couple of times a week, then let each of your weight loss workouts last at least 1 hour. nine0003
Before training, it is necessary to do a warm-up, after training, stretching exercises are shown as a hitch. Without this, it’s impossible if you don’t want to damage the ligaments or tendons at the time of mastering dance techniques.
Learning to dance for weight loss is not too difficult if you have patience and find the appropriate video lessons. The Internet is simply “teeming” with materials of this kind, but you prefer videos posted on specific sports and fitness portals. nine0003
Types of dances at home
Having decided from now on to fight excess weight with the help of dances at home, you will certainly want to know which type of dance is the best for the figure and how the type of rhythmic movements you have chosen generally affects weight loss and body transformation .
Running a little ahead, it should be noted: there is no universal "dance" recipe for losing weight. Everything here is very individual. Your task is to get acquainted with the main varieties of dances and the results that they can give you by doing regularly at home. So. nine0003
- Oriental dances . We are talking, of course, about the famous belly dance. This kind of dance movements is suitable for mastering by a woman of any age and physique. If you practice oriental dancing at home regularly, you will forget not only about excess weight, but also about cellulite, folds of fat on the stomach; you will find elastic buttocks, smooth lines of the back, improve your posture. In addition, in the process of practicing this type of dance, your metabolism will improve. nine0008
- Latin dances . The most prominent representatives of this group of dance movements are rumba, samba, salsa. All these dance directions perfectly contribute to weight loss. To eliminate fat in the thigh area, pay attention to meringue, bachata or mambo, which include circular movements of the voiced part of the body, as well as the entire torso. Such varieties of Latin American dances as cha-cha-cha, jive will make legs more slender and attractive. Any dance from this group helps to burn almost 1000 kcal in just an hour of active training at home. nine0008
- Zumba . The perfect dance for weight loss at home. This dance direction appeared relatively recently - only 6 years ago. As a result of the high intensity of movements, Zumba loads the lower limbs to failure, as well as the muscles of the back and the press. According to the effect for weight loss, this dance is similar to cardio training. For an hour of classes, you are guaranteed to lose 1000 kcal. To increase the load and effectiveness of training, at the time of performing dance exercises, it is imperative to tighten the muscles of the legs, keep your back straight, and retract your stomach. nine0008
- Flamenco . Folk Spanish dance is able to strengthen the calf muscles, burn excess fat on the hips, and make the legs more beautiful. Regular performance of flamenco greatly slims the neck and arms; gives incredible grace to the movements of the whole body.
- Tap or tap dance . A feature of this dance is the work of the feet, which is based on rhythmic beats. It is clear that the step is suitable for people who want to correct the shape of the lower limbs, strengthen the muscles of the legs, as well as the hips and buttocks. Tap dancing also tones the skin of the voiced areas, enhances metabolic processes in it. Due to regular workouts at home, there is not only a noticeable weight loss, but also getting rid of cellulite. The skin is tightened. nine0008
- Strip plastic . Another name for the dance is strip dance. This dance technique includes gymnastic techniques. As a result of strip plastic surgery, your body will become more beautiful, slender, feminine, your movements will be graceful, and your character will be strong, because this method of losing weight helps to gain self-confidence in addition. Strip plastic makes a woman a desirable, alluring, attractive woman.
We have analyzed the main points of dancing for weight loss at home. Dance to your health and let your body always be young, plastic and slender! nine0003
Article protected by copyright and related rights. When using and reprinting the material, an active link to the women's site www.inmoment.ru is required!
Tags: dancing for weight loss at home
The information in this article is for informational purposes only, not a recommendation.